Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

So I am done the battle pass

ChariChet
ChariChet Member Posts: 4

I am done the battle pass and it seems I am not going to be collecting any rewards for the next 6 weeks. I leveled up to level fourteen and all I got was 100 coins, enough to get a third of a shirt. I don't really like the ranked ladder because I lose so much. Goodness me, how many games do I need to win to get a pair a khaki pants?

At least there's a daily crystal quest.

Comments

• ShiningLancer
    ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Answers 25 Likes

I also hit the end of the battle pass so I have no way to earn any more credits unless I want to buy a celebrations pack every 5 days. But I can't spend crystals for credits in case the devs add more cards to the shop that are crystal-exclusive or cool cosmetics like the upcoming Professor Juniper set. I am annoyed that the 100 packs from the battle pass isn't enough to pull playsets of almost all the commons/uncommons like you could on PTCGO.

• Tgurneu
    Tgurneu Member Posts: 37
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper 5 Agrees

This sounds like a potential issue long term, wouldn't necessarily say there should be amazing rewards all the time but they for sure should include something for those 1-2 months many will face without any more battle pass rewards.

There are many ways this could be solved, namely:

• Add some "off-time" ladder, only free rewards (no premium pass). Either it starts at tier 1 once done with the current set's battle pass, or it continues from last time the player accessed it.
      • Have it be infinite, maybe show 10-20 more tiers in advance from current tier.
      • Offer credits (and coins? I could see no crystals, if you don't want those to be infinitely farmed), with a pack of the current set (or a random standard set) every 5th tier.
      • For something like this, the current amounts of credits/coins given per tier (20 credits / 25 coins) would be reasonable in my opinion. This of course assuming those type of rewards given in a regular battle pass are increased once the beta becomes global and not geo-restricted.
    • Alternatively, once done with the battle pass include a third daily quest, that gives some credits.
    • Another option would be to replace the 300/500 BP points given in both daily quests with 30/50 credits once the Battle Pass is completed. It'd mean an ultra rare every 10 days or so, which isn't a ton but is better than nothing. 60/100 would be great though, in OP's case it'd mean ~6700 credits for the 6 weeks of downtime, which would be more than enough for a new deck (if you already have some staples; say, building a new variant of Arceus with a different V/VMAX/VSTAR you don't yet own).
    • Very long term option, considering the rate of development so far: Add a tournament mode, similar to "Events" in PTCGO, that uses coins. That way those not that interested in cosmetics (or with everything they want purchased/redeemed) can get some use out of it. Just as with PTCGO, it'd offer a good way to obtain retro boosters, but also credits.
      • It could alternatively use tickets as in the previous game, with them being given through battle pass (and maybe in more quantity once that's over). It'd also be a good item to offer for a 3rd daily quest.

Just some shower thoughts, hopefully some solution can be found for this situation.

• jms99
    jms99 Member Posts: 10
    First Comment

Also just finished the battle pass yesterday. Feels crazy that I no longer get anything at all from playing for the next 6 weeks.

100% support the idea of using coins on tournaments. Makes the coins useful and gives us something to do besides wait around for the battle pass to reset.