Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Damage Counter placement

Just some feedback since using the new Dragapult EX. Would be nice to have the option to group damage counters or place on just one card vs only being able to drag six counters one at a time. It becomes very tedious very quickly especially when you would only want to damage a single pokemon.

Thanks!

Comments

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

Yeah I agree. It's not terrible, but still a bit annoying, especially because the damage is usually going to 1 place.

• FelixDewott
    FelixDewott Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    25 Agrees Combo Breaker 5 Likes 10 Comments

I kinda agree too. Having "tested" Dragapult ex yesterday, I agree that it would be easier to find a more streamlined way of placing damage counters on opposing Benched Pokémon. I imagine Lost Box players that place counters with Sableye deal with this problem as well, but with double the counters.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

I third this, maybe have a 50 and a 10, this way if you want to spread damage you can just use the 10 and it will take 10 from the 50.

• JazzyUnicornGir
    JazzyUnicornGir Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Photogenic 25 Likes First Answer 100 Comments

While I haven't tried to use Dragapult EX yet, I agree that it is a bit tedious to drag 6 counters individually when you want to damage a single Pokémon, but it is good if you want to damage multiple Pokémon

• PokevetMason24
    PokevetMason24 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

I agree and disagree. Putting 10 at a time can be tedious but at least it allows you to play the card as intended: “in any way you like”. This new 30/20/10 split thing they have makes it to where I can’t spread the damage across the board as needed. Ex. 10/10/10/10/20 for a bench full of Ogerpawn Ex and one Raging Bolt Ex, or a 20/20/10/10 split for two Chien Pao Ex and two 70 HP Frigibax. I know these are very specific situations, but if I need to do it I should at least be able to. This is the kind of thing is very important at a competitive level. Convenience is nice, but at least have a toggle option or a 50-/10 option or something. That way everyone is happy and they can play, as the card states, in any way they like. Same deal for Sableye.

• Mod_Bee
    Mod_Bee Moderator Posts: 321 mod
    25 LOLs 5 Agrees 25 Likes 5 Answers

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts; this will help guide us as we strive to improve!

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Dude, just move the 10. The others will change after.

• PokevetMason24
    PokevetMason24 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

I just figured this out by accident and now I feel silly. It would have been nice if support would have pointed this out, but at least I have y’all! Thanks!