Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Amazing rare Rayquaza is bugged!

Amazing Rare Rayquaza is bugged on Live and the bug gives it more power than it should have. It’s attack is doing damage just for the number of energy discarded, not for the number of different types. This is broken, and has cost me a couple of games. In one, my opponent attached LLGP energy, but the attack did 320 instead of the 240 it should have done. There were four energy, but only 3 types. The Pokémon is already badly overpowered with mirage gate, but this is ridiculous. Please fix it

Comments

• skyechan
    skyechan Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Likes

Did your Pokemon by chance have a weakness to it?

• Sakura150612
    Sakura150612 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer

@skyechan AR Rayquaza is a Normal type so probably not, but it's possible that there were other damage modifiers in play.

Assuming that AR Rayquaza is bugged in the way described by OP though, this should be fairly easy to reproduce and test.

• joris_v_s
    joris_v_s Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Pretty sure that's just how AR Rayquaza functions. The card states that for each type of basic energy it does 80 damage, but it does not state that these have to be different types. Cards usually explicitly state that such types have to be different to do more damage. I was confused at first too

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

@joris_v_s "each type" means the card counts the number of types, not the number of energies. Multiple energies of the same type should not add more damage.

• PeterCapObvious
    PeterCapObvious Member Posts: 26
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 10 Comments

@joris_v_s If that was the case then it would state "for *each energy* discarding this way" rather than "each type" like it does on other cards

• Kapoetski3
    Kapoetski3 Member Posts: 24
    Name Dropper 10 Comments 5 Agrees

I just had the same thing happen in my game. Where my opponent did 320 damage with just 3 types of basic energy (Double grass). It is stupid.