Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Feedback about Decks

Let me start off by saying that everything good and fun about this game is drowned out by the terrible and not smart decision to include default decks with cheap Pokemon V cards. Examples include the Lugiam Blissey, and Zamazenta decks. These are cheap and require absolutely no skill or creativity to use and is the worst thing about this game. I literally go up against the same three decks 99% of the matches I join. What is the point of a card game that requires you to grind in game currency for packs or purchase Pokemon packs IRL if you're just going to supply overpowered cards/decks. It's unfair to me and everyone else who actually bothered to create their own decks on day 1 of the beta and want real matches against other players who have used their own creativity and this is including the fact that we actually have our own V-cards that we actually earned from either playing the game or using code cards from packs we've spent money on. These starter decks need to be done away with, the cards removed from every players accounts, and the overpowered and cheap cards that y'all provided in them need to have their credit prices raised to 4000-5000 in order to actually encourage players to make "Their Own Decks" and "Play the Game. That's just my honest opinion from someone who actually wants to enjoy and play the game. Everything else is fine.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
    edited January 2023 #2

Also, if you only want to play casually, stick to casual. Saying that the game should become less competitive because you want to play a weak deck is self-centered and childish.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

How are people struggling against Lugia/Blissey? I just don't get it. It is the worst Lugia deck by far and the least consistent way to build Blissey. The only deck that struggles with it is Durant, and that's only because it struggles against Blissey.

I just don't get it. What deck are you playing?

• behiri
    behiri Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

in short you want game to be pay to win. good idea.

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments 25 Agrees

If you went to a regional, you’d play against the same 3 or 4 decks too. It’s called a Meta.

Lugia, Mew VMAX, Lost Box, Regis. You see them over and over, and you plan the deck you run accordingly.

• Professor_Bear
    Professor_Bear Member Posts: 36
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

In part, what 'ex-rising' was trying to say was that the game gives out Free Decks that are hard to beat; e.g. no skills required, apart from a mild tweak perhaps. In the old game, you hade to build a deck, trade, play and test it to make a good strong deck. There is absolutely no point whatsoever in everybody using the same "giveaway decks". Takes the whole original aspect of the game away from it and makes it boring.

I've managed to build two "alternative decks" that are pretty good, but Play is very often limited to having a bad deal; the deal algorithm is awful! Bad enough having to put up with the childish emojis and "poses", without all that rubbish on top.

Overall, not a patch on the old game.