Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Text formatting on the forums

puplover1118
puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

I've seen posts with italicized text, bold text, block quotes, etc., and I want to know how to format the text of my own posts and comments, so if anyone is willing to tell me how, I'll greatly appreciate it!

Best Answers

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    #2 Answer ✓

(On phone)

Select the text (hold it until some blue highlighter thing appears on it), hold and move the circles to change what text is selected.

Once it's selected, a white thing that has "B I S {..} ..." should appear near it, and let you do those things (also, italic will always turn text bold too, even if bold is off. Unless you're using code block). If you can't see it, move the thing that lets you copy or select all or whatever out of the way and you should see it. (Also you can apply multiple things at once like this)

You can also do other things if you select text, by pressing that button in the bottom left corner of the box you type in to post a discussion or comment.

More things:

Hello (Heading 2, also changing the heading always makes text bold whether bold is on or off)

1. Hello (Ordered list)

Hello (Spoiler)

Hello (Quote)

• UnovanZorua
    #3 Answer ✓

It is probably similar on desktop

• UnovanZorua
    #4 Answer ✓

The one that looks like a weird reversed P. The square with triangular brackets is for links.

Answers