Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why is TCGLive so bad?!

Options

Seriously, how long does it take to fix a bug? I think I can code the app better if you gave me a chance

Answers

• GMax_Big_Guns
    GMax_Big_Guns Member Posts: 18
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

@Ravenclawed1234 Then why aren't they shutting down the Server for Maintenance?? Why are they just letting the system run when its getting bugs Left, Right and Centre?

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

By the looks of things, some people aren't affected by the bug, and as @lordf4te pointed out in a different discussion, cellular data makes the game work, so I don't think TPCi would stop everyone from playing until they know exactly what's wrong.

• Snorlax4theWin
    Snorlax4theWin Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

You don't read thousands of lines of code to find a bug. That's not how anything works. They should be able to at least roll back the change that caused the bug.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I took web development and I have to disagree with you @Snorlax4theWin a single mistake can make the whole website misfunction now imagine an app with way more code and code is consistently added for every single update you have to search the whole code

• dlv87rm1
    dlv87rm1 Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

I miss the old GCC every time you update there are embarrassing problems I really hope you close this abomination as soon as possible and go back to the old project

• GMax_Big_Guns
    GMax_Big_Guns Member Posts: 18
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

I took Computer Science and I have to disagree with you @clasingla a single mistake should not be so hard to find if you are well versed in programming. Its all pretty standard stuff when it comes to coding and it honestly shouldn't have taken this long to locate and resolve the issue. Unless if TPCi have literal Grookeys working on the fix. What an utter disgrace..

• JazzyUnicornGir
    JazzyUnicornGir Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    Options

Things like this take time, just be patient. The game developers are working on it.

• Snorlax4theWin
    Snorlax4theWin Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

@clasingla I'm a software engineer and I can tell you that reading an entire code base is not how you debug.

• Id0ntLikeU
    Id0ntLikeU Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

the issue is somehow a connectivity issue if you use mobile data instead of wifi it works fine have tested this out myself