Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Which cards do not leave the standard format (rotation)?

Just like "Boss's Orders" and "Professor's Research" which are cards that receive updated versions very frequently, are there more cards that are like this? Because I wanted to invest in the standard format just like I did a long time ago, but I stopped playing and most of my other cards went through rotation.
I would like to know this because I intend to invest mainly in "Full Art" so I don't need to go to the extended format to use the cards I like. Thanks.

Answers

• JazzyUnicornGir
    JazzyUnicornGir Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees Photogenic

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm sure you could check the history of the cards and you will find out which cards stay in standard format and which ones don't. Again, I'm not 100% sure.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Answers

the next rotation is in about 11 months (this is just an estimate, I may or may not be wrong) and all cards with the “F” regulation mark will rotate EXCEPT any trainers that were reprinted with the “G” “H” or “I” regulation marks

• Ravenclawed1234

it is because of my above post that you can play cards like Ultra Ball from old generations. Also, Basic energy have never rotated with the exception of Fairy.

• JazzyUnicornGir
    JazzyUnicornGir Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees Photogenic

@Ravenclawed1234 Fairy energy is impossible to find. I think I only have like 3 fairy energy out of all the energy I have, and I have a lot.

Also good game from earlier, that was a good match, I think I need to get a better deck built though lol

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

I'm not reading the post. How do you even mess up posting like that?

• SaymonCastro
    SaymonCastro Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

@Ravenclawed1234 So Ultra Ball is a card that doesn't suffer much in rotation? Thank you, I would like to know about cards that receive reprints so that I can use them in standard format, because sometimes I leave the game and come back a long time later and it's not worth investing a lot in the expanded one (which I don't think gives a reward).

• Ravenclawed1234

It's mostly the standard balls (Poke, Great, and Ultra), Professor's Research, Boss's Orders, Rare Candy, Energy Retrieval, and Switch that get reprinted, with the rare exception of an older card being reprinted (like Master Ball from TEF, or Enhanced Hammer).