Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

When will we get ANY news of the expanded format for live?

2»

Answers

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

And I agree. I want that too. I said why not have both formats, not replace one with the other.

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

Personally, I find the Sun & Moon on format interesting and would like to see this kept as well as brining back the full expanded format. The question is whether there would be enough players for the different formats. (We don't need a neglected format like Legacy became in PTCGO.)

• Rsmithzesty
    Rsmithzesty Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

Yeah, I used to grind PTCGO like a goblin and expanded was some of the most fun I've ever had. I loved using so many variable, interesting and useful cards. Anyone remember PROFESSOR'S LETTER??? Earthen Vessel but with no downside? Or what about Brigette, that let you search our THREE basic pokemon? Or what about staples in different deck types, like Volcanion ex in fire type decks? Oh, man...I remember Skyla, N, Computer search...Colress...They genuinely have no excuse to not have added full expanded by now. There's none. They've had a year and some months, what's so difficult??

• Lygars
    Lygars Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs Photogenic

@uncomonfossil Believe it or not bro TCG Online most played format was Theme, then Expanded & Standard had similar numbers and Legacy was almost empty with some illegal gent

This exclude online tournaments like limitless bros that was almost Standard format exclusive

Im 100% sure there would be enough bros for all the formats, but the dev must allow monthly ladder in all formats! otherwise it’s a Standard focus game bro

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

I agree that it is a problem that Live essentially only has 1 format. (Since you can only play Standard to progress on the Ranked Ladder.) And Live does desperately need more formats, which should include Expanded. (I enjoyed playing Themed, Standard & Expanded in PTCGO.)

The biggest problem right now seems to be the development team. They are struggling to implement Standard Format. I don't think they are anywhere near ready to have the full Expanded Format on the Ranked Ladder.

I believe that earlier in the year, the developers announced that the Live Expanded beta format would remain as is for the rest of 2024.