Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Zamazenta V not working

Aggron VMAX - SWSH09: Brilliant Stars (SWSH09) Rarity:097/172

vs

Zamazenta V (Full Art) - SWSH01 Card Number / Rarity:196/202

Aggron VMax doing damage to Zamazenta V

Thanks

Kammings

Comments

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Answers 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    edited October 2022 #2

Are you sure there wasn't another effect in play? Path to the Peak is a card that is commonly played that will disable Abilities for Pokémon with a rule box. All V Pokémon like Zamazenta V and other Vs and VMAXes have a rule box stating that you take additional cards when they are knocked out.

• Rowin23
    Rowin23 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Mew Vmax did damage using cross fusion strike to my Duraludon Vmax (and Zamazenta V in another game) without a card in play blocking their abilities. The description for this attack states that it uses a benched Pokémon’s attack and uses it as this attack. I interpret this as it’s still Mew Vmax that is attacking, plus using double turbo energy to attack, so in both cases there shouldn’t be damage done to my pokemon.

does anyone have the same issue or any other thoughts? Thanks!

• squibix
    squibix Member Posts: 43
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees

Rowin23, the Mew player used Fusion Strike on the active VMAX to copy Max Miracle from the benched one, which is why it worked with the Double Turbo Energy. As Max Miracle's text reads "This attack’s damage isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokémon" the damage was able to go through Skyscraper.