Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why the time in my turn is so short?

as soon as my turns starts the timer for 10 seconds appear on the top some times even the animation from the opponent is still going and my timer starts without being able to do anything and leave my with 2 or 3 seconds to play a card and as soon as i play a card the timer resets to 10 seconds is not enough time to do anything, what can i do to fix this?

Answers

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

This is a common problem, if i understand correctly the reason why you see the timer before your turn even starts is because your turn already began in your opponent client, but some sort of delay is causing your game to be behind.

• Psantos7
    Psantos7 Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

Tengo el mismo problema, con la nueva actualización ahora mi turno dura tan solo 1 segundo, no se puede jugar, cuando van a arreglar esto?

• Gahariet
    Gahariet Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I only have this issue on PC, for me it's every action needing to be done in 10 seconds including any animations leading into it. It's impossible to fully resolve some cards such as Marnie without it becomming the end of the turn.

• Scknhall
    Scknhall Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #5

The game is unplayable right now with this issue, you just cant think on anything. Sometimes, depending on the animation's attack of the opponent's pokemon, the clock is over before you can take any action.

• Street_XP
    Street_XP Member Posts: 11
    First Comment First Anniversary

Similar issue. I was doing some testing playing on my local network between my two pc's. If my son's attack included burn or poison the timer on my side would start before my animation had finished doing Pokemon checkup. For a burn attack I would only have 5 seconds to make my move becuase of the animation of applying the counter and flipping the coin. My timer is also very short on normal attacks too. I counted about 20 seconds total for my turns and about double for my son's turns.

If anyone from Pokemon is reading this I can provide video from my pc of the game in question if it helps.

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments 25 Agrees
    edited March 2023 #7

I had this issue on PC too, and I actually found a way to fix it

I uninstalled the game, made sure to delete whatever folder was left that it was installed in, deleted my temp files, cleared my recycle bin, and then reinstalled. I think the game is leaving some junk data that’s messing it up in the temp folders between updates/installs otherwise

Don’t use the disk cleanup utility, mine had turned out to actually not be deleting my temp folders at all. Type “temp” into the search bar in windows and follow the prompts in “delete temporary files” or whatever pops up there.

Hope this works for you all like it worked for me!

• Street_XP
    Street_XP Member Posts: 11
    First Comment First Anniversary

Similar issue. I was doing some testing playing on my local network between my two pc's. If my son's attack included burn or poison the timer on my side would start before my animation had finished doing Pokemon checkup. For a burn attack I would only have 5 seconds to make my move becuase of the animation of applying the counter and flipping the coin. My timer is also very short on normal attacks too. I counted about 20 seconds total for my turns and about double for my son's turns.

If anyone from Pokemon is reading this I can provide video from my pc of the game in question if it helps.