Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

There are a lot fewer players. According to common sense, there should be more and more players.

Options

There are a lot fewer players, EXPANDED BETA is missing at least half of its players, and the middle and lower ranks of ranked matches are all cheating robots.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Ok

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Maybe some people decided not to play expanded beta because it’s

-Expanded

And

-A beta

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes Photogenic First Comment
    Options

How does a new player get in to Expanded Format anyways? The only way to obtain older packs is to buy them with Crystals, and that might not be the best use of your limited Crystals if you also want ETB sleeves and the latest packs.

Ideally I hope that eventually people can receive older packs free for playing, similar to how the Battle Pass works. The game is designed well as to now you could flood older packs into the game, and it wouldn't de-value them in any way. I believe the last version of the game would focus on older releases once and a while between main releases, and that was when trading was possible. Now that it just goes in to your personal collection, there's no reason not to just release a popular set from the past. I did miss out on playing some years, so if expanded could focus on getting some people playing those years, and someone who knows the game could curate what should be released, it would open it up for more players.

If I didn't have the cards I transferred in to the game from PTCGO and knew how to but them together I believe it would be a daunting task to enter Expanded Format. I'd have to do a bunch of research on what decks worked in order to spend my Credits in a wise matter to make a formidable expanded deck.

• TechHog
    Options

@Ampersundae You can craft older cards.

• Kieraste
    Kieraste Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options
    People probably think the expanded gamemode is broken and are waiting the coast out before it fully releases. Which is never
    Or they just don't know how to get into the gamemode yet

ft: Veteran Of Being Disappointed

• PTCGLhigention
    PTCGLhigention Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

In terms of friend-to-friend battle, community servers support all cards. tpci is stupid. I don't know why there are restrictions on friend-to-friend battle, but their code is very simple, so there are many third-party servers.

• adeptRanger7024
    adeptRanger7024 Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@PTCGLhigention how can I access a community server?

• TechHog
    Options

@adeptRanger7024 It's a scam. Avoid it.

• xaun
    xaun Member Posts: 11
    First Answer First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

@TechHog - it's entirely possible to have a server which allows friend to friend expanded battles, and the code is available publicly on github

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer
    Options

does any one think that this is the same person as @Hansa7vrpp in a new account after they got banned