Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon TCG Live 1.3.1 Update Issues - *UPDATED 12/22/22*

Comments

• jon11w
    jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees First Anniversary 100 Comments 5 LOLs

@Fox13096 have you been here since the start of the beta? The situation that we are in right now has occurred multiple times, with the game being unplayable - whether it be matchmaking bugs or game-winning exploits - for the majority of its lifetime. These issue don't get fixed quickly, and many, many players are going to be severely disappointed over the xmas break as they try the game for the first time.

Right now, there are fewer game modes available compared to PTCGO, fewer cards implemented compared to PTCGO, less stability compared to PTCGO and just generally worse gameplay compared to PTCGO.

If you think that now is not the time to be complaining, then I genuinely don't know what you're expecting from a PTCG client.

• lvlrAdam
    lvlrAdam Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper

I'm at the end of the battle pass and there's still 4 weeks remaining with no more rewards. The game freezes up basically 50% of the time. Slow sequences like coin flips, starting the game, etc; super annoying! I don't see the point in even playing the game right now until it's in better shape. January 20th is when we get crown zenith. I'll be back to grab some of those cards but for now, what's the point? Ladder is broken, gameplay is broken, game isn't fun to play...I pray it gets better, I loved ptcgo.

• TPCi_CursedSoup
    TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 275 admin
    25 Agrees Second Anniversary 250 Likes 25 LOLs

Updated the original post with a minor update on where we're at with the latest fixes being worked on.

@TechHog please know that posts are not being blocked but maybe hitting filters in place and going to our moderation queue.

• Infernomaker1
    Infernomaker1 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments

POSITIVE FEEDBACK: Appreciate the continued work on this game and updates and hearing our frustration. The game feels way more polished and updated compared to PTCGO and just 4 months ago. I went back and played PTCGO and it is dated and just feels bland compared to PTCGL..... so great job there dev team!!! Animations feel way better, board looks good and many cards feel like good quality visually.

CONSTRUCTIVE NEGATIVES: JUST FOCUS ON THE FUNCTIONALITY!!!! Once the game is consistently playable without all the freezing then we can all enjoy the game. All the other quality adjustments like smoother animations, card text being more readable, hover options like hovering over energy to see what energy is, tournament play, adjustments to currencies, etc..... ALL THESE ARE BACK BURNER ITEMS UNTIL GAME PLAY IS STABLE AND FUNCTIONAL.

Thanks for continuing to work on things... :-)

• Fox13096
    Fox13096 Member Posts: 35
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Answer 10 Comments

@jon11w I only started playing about a month ago. I've played TCG for years, but in person, so I never tried online. I tried to play TCGO a few years ago, and it sucked. I think it was when the game was still pretty new, but the game was terrible. It kept freezing and cancelling matches on me, and it was frustrating. I stopped trying and never tried again because I was afraid I would lose my card codes to a faulty game. When I saw some news about TCGLive, I was excited. Honestly, though, the game has worked pretty well for me. It rarely freezes, and I really enjoy playing. I suppose that means that I don't know what I'm missing out on from TCGO. I actually wonder if things will clear up a lot faster when TCGO gets sunsetted. All its players are going to need somewhere to go and Pokemon will not want to disappoint them. I'll be disappointed if things don't clear up soon after the sunset.

• Monsieur-Master
    Monsieur-Master Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments 5 Agrees

I had the same problem today with the Mew VMax bug, and I really hope that this is fixed tomorrow, otherwise, playing the ranked ladder will just to lose points.

And I can say that it's an exploit of a bug because I used my Mew Vmax deck for 8 matches in a row, and all of them finished as usual, with someone taking all prizes.

Ps.: I took a print screen of my last match where the person was clearly winning and even with that chose to use the bug. I stayed until the timer reach 0:00 and the game did not finish. I had to concede to search for a new game and keep playing. 😑

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments 25 Agrees

@TPCi_CursedSoup Eyyyy, some news is better than no news. Glad to hear from you, hope we see the update soon 🤘🏻

• Fox13096
    Fox13096 Member Posts: 35
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Answer 10 Comments

@Monsieur-Master Is there a way you can report the other player?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

I'll believe that it's fixed when I see it, but I'm expecting the same thing to happen along with the terrible new animations still there. And if it is fixed, it'll probably be broken again after the Crown Zenith patch.

• joaoquaresma
    joaoquaresma Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Just updated the game, its broken again, when i was in my very last turn before attacking the game stops again because my opponent used an item card to confuse both active pokemon.

Man...