Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Terrible dealt hand

Options

This game has been really aggravating me. Try playing ranked matches an the hands that i keep getting dealt are ridiculous. Either i get 1 pokemon to put in active spot an then get all energy or energy recover cards. Turn after turn more energy an no trainers or pokemon to add to my bench. OR i get dealt all pokemon an then cant get any energy. An my oppenents just get dealt a perfect hand with every card they need in perfect order. Smh. I end up getting wiped out on the second turn or im stuck an cant attack as my basic pokemon get killed one by one. I have tried running my deck different ways , but always plays out the same. I know its luck of the draw.…but this is taking the fun out of it.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Sounds like the problem is your deck. Post your list.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Is it possible there is a consistency issue related to the construction of your deck? If you keep getting bad hands, it might be worth examining to mitigate the chances of it happening again.

• Perfect_Jab
    Perfect_Jab Member Posts: 13
    First Comment 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

I have tried making my deck even 20/20/20. I have alot of different deck set ups. Just doesnt seem to matter much. Load up on items to pull more pokemon an nothing. I know how to set up my deck. But after quitting several matches in a row it gets annoying.

• TechHog
    Options

@Perfect_Jab That would be the problem. 20/20/20 is bad. You end up with too many Pokémon, way too much energy, and not enough trainers. You also probably added in a some random Pokémon that don't help you to fill out the list, and since you're new and didn't know all of this you're probably playing bad trainers like Daisy's Help and "Draw 3 cards" while avoiding anything that discards. You should stick to using other people's lists or the starter decks until you learn the game more.

In other words, it's literally a skill issue in this case lol. Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 457 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

20/20/20 is bad, most decks play around 15/35/10, but can deviate slightly to be more consistent. Post your list and I’ll see how I can modify it.

• Perfect_Jab
    Perfect_Jab Member Posts: 13
    First Comment 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

Thats not the problem.…i dont run a 20/20/20 deck EVER! But i was saying that i have tried to switch my deck around an thats also something that ive tried just to see if it would change what i get dealt. NOW im not saying that i dont ever get a decent hand dealt to me. But majority of my matches its like my deck gets dealt to me an its loaded on one side, then next match switches. @TechHog your just assuming all of these things an have no idea of MY skill. I dont run more then 10-12 energy in ANY of my decks. An same goes for my pokemon, think most i have in one of my decks is 18. Then its all items an trainers. No draw 3, maybe a discard an draw 7. Feels like nobody actually read what i said. An thats the WHOLE issue that i have!! Is with everything loaded in my deck to build up my team i cant one sided hands. Get 1 basic....then its all energy, energy recovers, rare candy things i cant use right away. Usually matches then turn out better, is when my opponent plays a reshuffle card. Its aggravating because im like how can i get all these energy cards! An im dead before i can do anything.

• TechHog
    Options

@Perfect_Jab Sorry, you should have been more clear.

That's just how lucky goes.

• Nickalooose1
    Nickalooose1 Member Posts: 46
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

This happens unfortunately, sometimes too often, there are match ups my first hand has 1 basic Pokémon, 5 energy and a energy drawer... Sometimes I have 2 basic Pokémon, 5 supporters... Sometimes I have 6 stage 1 or 2 Pokémon and 1 basic Pokémon... And after all that, draw a stadium card lol.

It's not skill level or bad decks, per sè, or anything, it's RNG and RNG in games is never good.

• TechHog
    Options

@Nickalooose1 Dude, your list sucks if you're getting hands like that regularly lol

• emcees
    emcees Member Posts: 14
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

As TechHog said, if you post your list, we would be glad to help, until then there is not much we can do.
    However…
    Lost zone decks are inconsistent and will get hands like that sometimes. This is why all (successful) lost zone variants run very few/none pokemon that need to evolve (with Giratina Vstar being the exception).

Bad hands are a part of TCG and will happen sometimes.

Charizard ex is on the more consistent side.

If you want to go all out for consistency I would recommend trying the Pidgiot ex control deck.