Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Liko vs Ash

Comments

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 25 Answers

@clasingla Agreed but I don't like the island part

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

Journeys and horizons don't deserve the love either.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 25 Answers

@MajorBrendan Your opinion

• Vallabhus
    Vallabhus Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

@everyone It’s been 25 years of Ash being the main character. It’s really disappointing to see him go. We shouldn’t judge how Liko will be based just on the grudge that Ash is leaving. I hope he will return in a later series as a main character alongside Liko and Roy.

• MajorBrendan

@Vallabhus Once I work for the Pokemon Company, Ash won't return as a main character alongside liko and roy but I plan to bring him back sometime after gen 10 except this time, 2-3 years older. 14 years old at most.

• GenesisReboot
    GenesisReboot Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Ash and Liko are equally good in my opinion!

• GenesisReboot
    GenesisReboot Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Ash VS Liko.

Now this is an interesting topic indeed, and both characters have their ups and downs. Here's why:

Ash: Ash has gone through 25 seasons, as you all know, and officially became the Pokemon Champion, after travelling through every region(apart from Paldea of course). Ash's character development, with his partner Pikachu, and all his other Pokemon, was clearly visible, through all of them, especially in Kanto, Sinnoh, Kalos, Alola, and Galar, but as some people have said, he is quite predictable at times, which may make him seem bland in those moments. However, if you've seen the Sinnoh, Kalos, Alola, and Masters 8 League, he is not predictable at all. Take for example, when he was up against Cynthia in Masters 8 Tournament. He was left with only one Pokemon, Mega Lucario, while Cynthia had like 3 left, but Ash still won with all-out head-on attacks. I can definitely tell you that most people watching that match thought that Ash would play it on the safe side. Also, Pikachu taking down Latios in the Sinnoh League semi-finals was unexpected to say the least. And I know this is kinda weird 'cause he lost, but Ash losing in the Unova League quarter-finals was definitely unexpected as well, seeing as Ash had a full team, and Cameron was missing one, and Ash had 3 pokemon lose to one pokemon. But still, he pushed himself to be better, eventually winning the Alola League, and Masters 8 Tournament. It is kinda like Valt Aoi from Beyblade Burst, who doesn't stop because of one loss, but get rivals, push even harder, make friends, and never give up while learning from the loss. Ash is also recognised by legendary/mythical Pokemon, like Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Arceus, Latios, Latias, Solgaleo, Naganadel, Melmetal, Eternatus, and Zacian and by super strong, well-known trainers, like Cynthia, Diantha, Leon, and Steven Stone.

Liko: Liko is a new character to Pokemon, introduced in Season 26, Pokemon Horizons(, which has 3 series in one season). Now, as some of you have said, she is not as predictable as Ash, so she can be less bland, however, we haven't see much of her compared to Ash. But still, she can understand Pokemons' feelings better than Ash ever can, and tries her best to forge a bond with them as well. She did have a bit of a rough start, but she got swept up into a great adventure with a good friend, Roy. Liko and her partner Sprigatito(now Floragato), like to battle and make friends, but are more emotional when losing a battle. Some of you may have also seen, if you have watched Pokemon Horizons, that Liko was putting others' victory before her's. She was determined however, like Ash was, and gave it her all in battle. However, her goal was to get stronger to protect those she holds dear, and seek out the 6 heroes of Lucius. Her pendent was also a Terapagos, which showed her strong bond shining through, and that is also why the pendent protected Liko at times. Liko is also more knowledgeable than Ash, in some ways, and more sensible and polite. She also has a more kind heart, because when she has a good experience, she wants to share it with others. This was also said by old man Ludlow, when Liko and Murdock made a indoor picnic for him and Dot in Episode 13 of Pokemon Horizons. Liko has a better, more polite, and more cute personality (while being dramatic about Dot being Nidothing).

In summary, everyone has their own opinions, as both characters have their pros and cons. Ash can be stronger, but Liko can understand Pokemons' feelings better. The series are also different for both characters, for example, for Ash, there was Mega Evolution, and Z-Moves, and even Gigantamax/Dynamax (and Bond Evolution), but for Liko, all we've seen (that's new) is Terastallization. Ash is better in some ways, and Liko is better in the other ways. Ash is better in more ways than Liko, but that is because of being in the series for way longer, having a longer journey with different power-ups, and having better rivalries and much more intense battles. This is not saying Ash is better, and it is not saying Liko is better. According to some people, they are the opposite of each other in a good way, and that can be true, but we need to see Liko's full journey to fully evaluate these two, but I like them both equally!

• MajorBrendan

@GenesisReboot In that case, I would give her 75-100 episodes before I make my decision.

• Lightpikachu123
    Lightpikachu123 Member Posts: 36
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic

Liko is still growing as a character as she still struggles with her self doubt and understanding her pokemon. Ash is almost the opposite of that when it comes to that.

• MajorBrendan

Liko is the absolute Opposite of Ash. Wait until the 75th episode as I might do a review of her via deviantart.