Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Kirlia SIT 68 and Gardevoir SIT 69 bug?

During a match I used the refinement ability of a Kirlia I put into play the previous turn. I then evolved into Gardevoir with the intention of using refinement again but the game would not allow me to use the ability.

I checked the compendium for a possible ruling to explain this and found nothing.

Comments

• jon11w
    jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees First Anniversary 100 Comments 5 LOLs

Sounds like it's coded incorrectly - you should be able to use Gardevoir's ability since it's not a once-per-turn ability. Are you able to use two refinement abilities if you have two different Kirlias on the bench?

• behiri
    behiri Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

I think I have seen this bug, but I'm not sure, you can definitely use kirlia's refinement and Gardevoir's ability  in same turn, after kirlia evolves, I have been doing it before this update.

• Saminmypants
    Saminmypants Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

I have been using kirlia and gardevoir in the same turn after evolving at in-person events and have received no argument from judges. I also believe this is just a coding error. I'll try to use two different benched kirlias now and see what happens

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

We've discovered yet another coding shortcut due to the devs not knowing how to play the game!