Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What would be the best set to purchase packs from to improve my deck?

Yolosweetdog
Yolosweetdog Member Posts: 2
First Comment

So I just made a deck and i am wondering how to improve it, whether using trainer cards or pokemon. thanks for the help!

Answers

• SmartAlakazam
    SmartAlakazam Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs 100 Comments

idk but my friend got unown vstar from silver tempest (are you talking about the physical cards? bc I know nothing about tcg live.)

• yagami806
    yagami806 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Well without a decklist, we can't really be of much help… Otherwise, you're better off buying singles from your local hobby stores. You don't really get the best bang for your buck buying packs, hoping to pull one of the cards that make up the top decks in the meta.

• Scorbunny1scute
    Scorbunny1scute Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Photogenic

I would say you buy a Booster Bundle (probably Temporal Forces, but that comes out 22nd March 2024). Or an Ultra Premium Collection or an Elite Trainer Box or a Trainer Toolkit.

• AlmightyTrader
    AlmightyTrader Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

What deck are you trying to build? If you want build up from an already built deck my best suggestion is to go to your local store and buy singles if not you can spend $50+ easily and not even get the card(s) you need. If you just want to open and see what it is you get based off of luck you might not pull anything. I’ve had personal experience spending $200+ trying to pull a $100 card when I could have just bought it instead of spending more. I’ve built decks for $50 worth of cards also trading helps a lot if you take a binder and trade around.