Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Game timer is broken

This opponent became inactive after turn 2, after this moment occurred no actions took place for the rest of the game. I assumed that after a few moments a timer would occur dubbing the opponent inactive and give me a resolution, instead the rest of the 25 minute timer ran out and when the timer hit 0 nothing happen. I was forced to concede, causing a lose in the ranked ladder. This game took place on iOS VER 1.3.11.156349.20221208_0547. If any one can help with why this is caused please let me know. Additionally this has happened before, last incident was last night 12/07. In a similar fashion it was Lugia vs. Mew decks

Comments

• Marc12785
    Marc12785 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Had the same issue happen twice for me. I’m not sure how the opponent isn’t issued a timed out loss after awhile. Now I’ve taken two losses for no reason.

• cr1p
    cr1p Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

People just abuse this nasty bug in every ranked game lol, hate it

• second2reality
    second2reality Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Same issue 3 times on PC in past 2 days. During opponents turn they stop moving, normally in scenarios where I feel like I have a win, and the timer keeps going down. If I wait until it hits zero for them, the game still is frozen. The timer in the 3rd instance is happening right now and is down to 17 minutes, without a card played in the past 6 minutes.

I'm not sure if they force close the app to cause this, but it counts as a loss for me every time, which sure doesn't seem fair losing rank when it's an obvious glitch. My internet is stable the entire time (I'm posting here while watching the timer drop).

• DanBonehill
    DanBonehill Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Right now I'm in the same position, currently in a match on Windows Desktop where my opponent hasn't made a single move in turn 2. 10 minutes has passed and nothing has happened. Feels like I'm going to have to be the one to concede :(

• behiri
    behiri Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

I had this problem before this update. it happens when client gets desynced with server.

if opponent doesn't do anything for more than a minute or two, just concede.