Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How to get back to TCG online?

I haven't played TCG online in years, and finally got a new laptop. I went and downloaded TCG live, not realizing out of excitement to just play that it was different. All my amazing decks I had worked so hard on are gone. Am I just confused? Is there a way to play TCG with my decks and this TCG Live is something different? Or is this replacing the old game and I lost my cards?

Answers

• Mod_Bee
    Mod_Bee Moderator Posts: 371 mod
    100 Comments 25 LOLs 5 Answers 25 Likes

Hello, I recommend opening a ticket with the support team. You can do so by visiting https://support.pokemon.com/ then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there click "Contact Us" Thanks!

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes

Ha, what an unhelpful Mod post. Yes, your decks are gone. There was an option to export them to a clip board before the previous game shut down, but now all you can do is try to replace them by memory. You can search the migration FAQ on if you can transfer cards from your Online account to Live.

• EpicSince81
    EpicSince81 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

Please don't make it sound like he lost anything, which might be confusing to read.

You didn't lose your cards, they are all still there. In addition you get free decks that are MORE than able to compete and you can play them instantly. After 20-30 matches you can begin to replace cards and improve them and after maximum 2 weeks (I wildly guess here) you can even build the current top deck that is winning most of the games.

Take your time to play the tutorial, see through the Deck section and learn how to use the new client.
    I loved the old PCTGO too, but if you are having a bit of sympathy and understanding you can also find your peace using the new client. :)

I miss the trading though, which is not possible anymore. And it sucks not being able to disenchant cards like it was at some time promised you could. (traded soooo many VMAX cards that i don't need for this, now i'm sitting on them) :D

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

It was never promised that you'd be able to exchange at will.