Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

It's not a Pokemon game

ScavengeAlpha
ScavengeAlpha Member Posts: 3
5 Agrees First Comment

I don't normally just get on a forum to complain but this is one of those few times i find i can't really sit on my opinion. This game isn't a pokemon game. It's so out of touch with the fanbase i find it a little unbelievable. The ONLY thing with any pokemon flavor is the cards themselves. There is no pokemon music, no pokemon aesthetic, and no pokemon interaction. It's very mind boggling to see a game based on the most popular franchise in the world be so bland and uninspired.

The UI reminds me of waiting in a video call for a doctors appointment. I don't know how you expect to capture new players, which is the crux of the problem (ptcgo had a serious problem getting and holding new players and THATS what i was really hoping ptcgl would fix, and so far that hope looks like it's in vain).

The game needs to be delayed indefinitely and real pokemon creators need to be involved in this client because good lord is it boring and bland. It's also really concerning that we go from one developer with no communication or stated plan to another with no communication or plan, kinda leaving me to believe we're never really gonna get a pokemon client along the same quality as Magic Arena or Master Duel (both of which are also on phones). Which is depressing.

I just want SOMEONE in the team to recognize that the community as a whole is so turned off from this client and I think what's gonna end up happening is it's gonna have a big release, because it's pokemon, and then die within a month and higher ups will just think that it's because no one likes playing the game. And that's even assuming it releases with extra gameplay modes and formats it needs to not get boring within 5 games.

Comments

• Ben-the-III
    Ben-the-III Member Posts: 1

Let me quote you :

"The game needs to be delayed indefinitely and real pokemon creators need to be involved in this client because good lord is it boring and bland."

Thank you

• DifuntO_O
    DifuntO_O Member Posts: 7
    Second Anniversary First Comment 5 Agrees

Sad but true.

It'd be nice if the field was like a pokemon stadium or if we had pokemon as avatars or anything close to the pokemon artstyle/aesthetic.

I understand that they are going for a modern/clean aesthetic but it ends up looking bland/boring.

• KOMEN
    KOMEN Member Posts: 18
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

Guys, Pokemon is a small company. They don’t have the funds to really invest here. They are developing this game using 90s tech, give them a break. 😜

• TheMG7
    TheMG7 Member Posts: 3
    5 Agrees 5 Likes

About the board, I recently bought Smash Bros from the Switch and there's a Pokémon Stadium field there, can't they be based on that, there are thousands of references to something like a Pokémon stadium.

In addition, it is something simply mandatory in a current card game to be able to customize your board.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

The fact of the matter is that this is being made by TPCi, not TPC. No involvement with Japan means that there's nothing they can do to get "real Pokemon creators" involved. It's just not a possibility.

• dgod40
    dgod40 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary

Mobile client is not that bad, but desktop needs a lot of work

• ScavengeAlpha
    ScavengeAlpha Member Posts: 3
    5 Agrees First Comment

It doesn't necessarily need to be real pokemon creators by any means, but something with pokemon would be the ideal. Right now everythings boring, flat, one-note, with so much grey/white painted on everything. The battle stage should be almost like a mock pokemon battle from the games. There should be attack animations for at least well known pokemon attacks. There could even be pokeball release/recall animations for when you send out a new main attacks or make a big knockout on a vmax or something.

I could go on and on about that (particularly as we just had a post on the ptcgl subreddit that was completely missing the point of those suggestions) but the long and short of it is that the game needs to not be so empty, you know?.