Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Ban Mimikyu

mthverse
mthverse Member Posts: 17
5 LOLs 10 Comments First Answer First Anniversary

It's an auto win! No damage from ex's or V's, then why did you event make the cards in the first place. My one out was stuck in my prize card pool.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Wah

• Junglemania
    Junglemania Member Posts: 16
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I agree, or at least provide flexible ways to negate it. I'm finding that I have to build decks on the off chance I run into it, instead of the deck I want. It's broken.

• Lunabella89
    Lunabella89 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I've only recently put Mimikyu into my deck, and it has been a great tool to have to avoid beefed up EX or V moves early in the game. Even later stages too.

The best way I've found to negate it is to have some decent basic, stage 1 or 2 Pokémon floating around your deck too.

I think the retreat cost shouldn't be so low tbh, for one energy I can drop out as needed.

• Junglemania

I agree, or at least provide flexible ways to negate it. I'm finding that I have to build decks on the off chance I run into it, instead of the deck I want. It's broken.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

You don’t have to change decks, just add like a single one-prize attacker and you’re chilling.

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic

That's how every deck works. There's a deck out there that has an advantage to counter it. Building your deck around the chance you run in certain cards that counter your it is a core part of this game.

If everyone could just play the deck they wanted, a competitive card game couldn't possibly exist.

• Junglemania

You make a valid point. After noodling it out a bit more, I found a way to have a better-than-average chance at defeating decks with it in it and/or Path to the Peak stadium.