Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What's your view on Palworld?

124»

Comments

• Davis79
    Davis79 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

Personally, I enjoy playing it. It's fun, there's always something to do, and for not having a story mode really, you can still make your way up like if it has it. Some of the Pals combinations are cool, other inimaginably cute, other are so hilarious... The graphics and the landscapes are beautiful!!! I'm loving the game so far <3

Can it be compared to Pokémon? No, they're not even the same genre, it is just an adventure & survival game with monsters on it. Putting aside the 3D models issue, it has its own "seasoning", it is its own style of game.

I don't understand the hate of both parts tho, Pro-Pokémon and Pro-Palworld people are going nuts in their arguments... Yes, the game may have (or not) used 3D models of Pokémon, we don't know that, and we won't know it until it is completely investigated. Tho I gotta say, if they didn't used the 3D models of Pokémon raw, at least they used as a mold for their monsters. But you know? I don't complain about it, I'm enjoying the game, I like the gameplay, and it is a vastly different experience to Pokémon, they're really not the same.

To the people pointing out to the Scarlet/Violet games, and comparing the graphics with PalWorld... Pokémon is 'console' exclusive, it feels a little... Underwhelming sometimes? Yes, I'm not saying that, I still think extra effort can be put to the games and make them better, but comparing a Console Game with a PC Game, which has a huge amount of power that no console will have ever (at least for these upcoming years), it's unfair.

I enjoyed, and still play Pokémon Violet, I love battling online, now that I've cleared the game... But I also love PalWorld, and the amazing game it is too... They're both extraordinary games in their own way, I really don't see the hate between sides... Y'all are taking it like if you were part of the developer's team of each game, for me, it's ridiculous.

• THEKINGSWALOT
    THEKINGSWALOT Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

veiw: never playd

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@Davis79

To the people pointing out to the Scarlet/Violet games, and comparing the graphics with PalWorld... Pokémon is 'console' exclusive, it feels a little... Underwhelming sometimes? Yes, I'm not saying that, I still think extra effort can be put to the games and make them better, but comparing a Console Game with a PC Game, which has a huge amount of power that no console will have ever (at least for these upcoming years), it's unfair.

Scarlet and Violet look and perform much worse than other open world games on the Switch, though. Are we forgetting Breath of the Wild came out in 2017?

And I find it funny that the owners of the largest media franchise on Earth (yes, I will keep emphasising this point) cannot be expected to compete with an indie company hiring guys they meet in convenience stores. Shouldn't the excuses and allowances be pointed in the other direction?

And TPC et al are the ones who chose to keep the games Switch exclusive. Big Gabe isn't bullying Nintendo off the platform or anything. I am sure plenty of Pokémon fans would love to see the series ported to PC. Go ahead, Gamefreak. Harness that raw computing power.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments

@TheJeffers, Yes, so much so that at the time this game came out, I canceled all my accounts on all the social networks I had so, I don't even care about this copying business, I don't like the game because it's a violent game and I don't like violent games, simple as that, but there are people who love this game and force everyone to play it, and those who don't play it are ridiculous and so on, honestly, I even thought about playing it, but I gave up because of people who praise this game as the only and best and who bully people who don't like it and also because it's a violent game that I don't like, Simply put, the internet is becoming an increasingly toxic environment, and this discourages me more and more from using the internet

• BettyWisp
    BettyWisp Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

Really appreciate your take on Palworld and the concerns about its similarities to Pokémon. The points you've made, especially about the character designs and the use of AI, do raise some eyebrows. It's fascinating to see how different elements, like the inclusion of guns and the unique 'Alpha Pals,' introduce a new twist, though I can see how it might not sit well with everyone.

Despite the controversies, our community members have found a unique charm in Palworld's world. We run a vanilla server that focuses on the PvE experience, integrating Discord features to enhance our gameplay and connect. It’s been an interesting journey, exploring how Palworld differentiates itself, especially through community engagement.

Curious to hear more opinions on this, especially from those who've had hands-on time with both games.

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 922 ✭✭✭
    100 Likes 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 500 Comments

Awful. Palworld is nothing if you see the success of Pokémon and Palworld is literally shooting Pokemon down.

• ORBEETLE345
    ORBEETLE345 Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Likes 10 Comments

Hello, just dropping in here to say let people know a personal statement related to this post. At the time of posting this discussion I was very annoyed by all of the hate Pokémon was getting after Palworld's sudden popularity. This doesn't reflect my views on the Palworld situation now (Nintendo suing PocketPair) and I hope that Nintendo and Pocketpair can settle on something, even just for the sake of the fans.