Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

The worst interface ever built

I had been with Pokemon TCG using Windows since the early era of the Ex expansions. But this is the worst interface ever built with such lame bugs. I would rather feel fun using the previous versions interface and template.

Comments

• Ruthers26
    Ruthers26 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I agree with you. This version of Pokemon TCG is trash compared to the last version. What part of this version is better than the last? I used to hold this game to be the standard of TCG online now its the worst. I am not going to play this anymore as it causes me eyestrain to read the incredibly small font.

• Ampersundae
    Ampersundae Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic

The small font problems should really be addressed. The game seems unpolished otherwise. I had no issues reading anything in the last version.

Take the "opening packs" screen. Opening packs is a big part of this game, but when you're opening a pack they're just a tiny card in a sea of wasted screen space. Sure they ported over an image of the card, and made the mechanics of it work, but the ease of reading and understanding cards took a huge downgrade.

• Albertvc
    Albertvc Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I came here to say this but knew in my heart it had already been said.

The old TCG Online was FAR SUPERIOR to TCG Live. Pokemon TCG Online UX, UI, gameplay modes, cards, allowable cards, quantity of cards, finding cards (why do I have to dig to find my special cards?), deck creation, deck copying, tournament mode.. EVERYTHING was better. I mean, I can't even READ the cards. And hovering over them doesn't at least pop them above the bottom of the screen when they're in my hand??

It takes AT LEAST 3 times as long to set up a deck. WHY is Expanded play a beta still? Why are expanded cards that were allowed for YEARS now not included?? Battle Compressor anyone??

EVERYTHING is hard to find. Exiting the game used to be the power-looking button in the top-left, and it was easy. Now, it's buried in an ellipses menu (?) and says "quit game" in 6-point font.

Anyways, long story short, I spent almost 10 YEARS with my son collecting LOTS of rare and special cards and built DOZENS of decks in the old PTCGO game, and now it's all ruined. I'm done.

P.S. — Is there a reason the game is so slow and turns my i7 laptop with gobs of memory into a hot plate?? I used to run PTCGO on an ASUS Transformer with an Intel Atom processor no problem.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

I don't seem to be having the same reading-the-cards problem you guys are, but maybe my eyesight is just better. I do agree that online was better than Live though, even though I only played Online for a while.

• CanZaDK
    CanZaDK Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

I liked the Online better also. So many small things, just made the Online better. Just migrated a week ago. Like, why cant you favorite your cards. When i open packs, i cant make them bigger to look at the card, and i cant favorite it to find it afterwards.

And the font so small, cant barely read it. On tablet its almost impossible to read anything. Even on PC, its kinda hard. Makes making a deck a pain in the behind.

And so on and on..

I hope its getting better, the UI was one of the reasons i chose Online over Live