Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Your Ice Type Gym and Pokemon

Michael629303
Michael629303 Member Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭
250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

If you were an ice type gym leader what would your gym be like and what would your pokemon be.

My team would consist of Arctozolt, Dewgong, Aurorus, Vanilluxe, Avaugg, and Iron Bundle. The gym would be an ice-skating park and the challange would be that you have to so a 3-round ice-skating race the progressively gets harder.

This is the sixth installment in this series. The previous types that we have done include Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, and Electric. Make sure to go back and comment on those if you missed them!

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments

My challenge would be where you use a magmar to melt huge ice blocks, but some ice blocks have hostile pokemon inside that you have to fight. Only one block holds the key you need to move on to fight me. My team would be: Cetitan, Dewgong, Beartic, Aurorus, Eiscue, and Walrein as my ace.

• Charsaur570927
    Charsaur570927 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

My challenge would be to where you have to move through a narrow path that curves, but there are no walls and it is slippery. If you fall, you have to battle, and you restart if you lose. once you make it through, my team would be: Baxcalibur, Lapras, Aurorus, Alolan Ninetales, Iron Bundle, and Cetitan as my main.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

My gym'd just be like an ice-cream shop on The Boardwalk. From the from you get snacks, but when you go to the back door, there's a trapdoor that drops you straight into a sled that would take you all the way to a large glacier, where my gym would be. My challenge would be sledding down a really large hill on the said glacier and having 3 lives. If you bump into objects 3 times, game over.

My Team'd be:

-Lvl. 10 Spheal (lure you into a false sense of security)

-Lapras

-Mamoswine

-Aurorus

-Mr.Rime

When you win, you get... an Ice-cream cone?!? You then eat it and it cuts to a cutscene where you're eating but then you spit it out, and then your Rival would berate me like an adult to a child, because that's a "choking hazard".

The badge'd be the Blizzard Badge, fitting the name by looking like ice-cream.

(Just realized that having the entrance of the gym miles away from where the gym IS is kinda pointless)

• DewyGooey
    DewyGooey Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 LOLs 10 Comments

AYE AYE! My hiatus! It's gotten the better of me!

I'm going to assume that I would be the fourth gym leader I'd like it if I just took Picross & just put it onto the gym challenge! It's basically picture crosswords. It'd even have a cooled-down remix of the Pokemon Gym theme! They'll even show sprites for some of the Pokemon! They'll tell if its finish if a heightening jingle plays, followed by a few sparkles! However, on the later puzzles, some of the numbers needed in order to solve the puzzles are either not there, or some of the spaces are built with thicker and thicker ice blocks. You'll need to battle some of the Gym Trainers in order to get them to chisel in the right numbers and to get better chisels for the thicker ice blocks. Once the Gym Challenger shows all three of the Picross puzzles fully finished & flawless, I'll nod, & only then will he/she be able to challenge me!

I'll have a Bergmite, Eiscue, Snover (With Snow Warning specifically), & an Alolan Sandslash (With Snow Cloak Specifically), in that order! If they beat all four of my Pokemon, they'll get the Chisel Badge, & and gain TM (Okay apparently it doesn't have one but just pretend it does at the time) Ice Ball!

If the Gym Challenger wants to battle me again, they'll have to deal with my Eiscue, Avalugg, Mamoswine, Arctozolt, Abomasnow, & Alolan Sandslash, In that order. Once they beat me again, I'll give the trainer an Alolan Sandshrew with the Partner Ribbon, who is nicknamed Iggy.

"WHOO! C'mon! You didn't have to go that hard on you! I just wanted to give you a little challenge next time I saw you!"

"..."

"Oh, the Sandshrew? That's my pal Iggy. He's been helping me with the IceSculpt company ever since I was a wee lad."

"..."

"Perhaps he wants to go with you. He hadn't seen what was beyond the mountain in his life. Hopefully you can help him to see what's down below the top. I'll give him to you right now. Don't send him to the box so early now!"

• Acornyo

@DewyGooey You better not shiny-lock Iggy. He seems so precious.

• DewyGooey

@Acornyo You just made me realize how good Alolan Sandshrew's shiny is.

It's going to be shiny locked.

Eh ah ah ah ah.

EH AH AH AH AH!

• DewyGooey

But seriously, I really think that restarting over & over for a special shiny Sandshrew would be much more tiring than going on and shiny hunting normally.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@DewyGooey

But you can Shiny hunt most gift Pokémon (at least before the Switch), like that Tentacool you get in HGSS if you're trying to trap yourself, starters (before the Switch), and even some Legendaries like that Jirachi in RSE you can get from another game.

To be honest I think soft-reset shiny hunts are easier and more fun since you don't need to focus completely, just a short look once a minute, or every few. Shiny locks are annoying and unnecessary.

• Acornyo

@DewyGooey He wouldn't be any shiny Alolan Sandshrew. He'd be Iggy.

The menacing laugh though...

• Pikalover0629
    Pikalover0629 Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments Photogenic

I am assuming that I am the last gym, and my gym challenge would be like the ice slide from Super Mario 64, but it would be in segments, with battles in between the segments, and there would be a timer for people who want to see who could do it the fastest. My team would be an abamasnow with snow warning, a castform for MandJTV, a walrein, a baxcalibur, a mamoswine, and an ice-tera Cinderace. My badge would be a frozen Pyro Ball and I would give out Blizzard