Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

TCG not good anymore

Why is it still called a Trading Card Game, when you no longer trade?

What happened to the different decks?

What happened to competitiveness?

Do the devs plan on bringing the old system back?

I reached 600 points pretty quickly and then I lost a match and I noticed it doesn't drop below that stage... Not that I'm complaining, and here's why; I can just quit matches with no penalty... I like games that keep me interested, by upgrading characters or items, variety, team play, being able to use my favorite characters etc., however, this game is the same every match, Roaring Moon, Comfey, Palkia, Charizard decks... It's boring, it wastes my time being more bored than I should be...

I have no interest in being top player, I play for fun, but I find myself watching TV or messaging people on other apps or just straight forgetting I'm playing when these decks show up... I know every move they're going to make at this point and the main reasons I lose, is because I got delt a poor hand, no energy, or in a more recent match, 4 of my prize cards were evolution Pokémon, so I had no chance to evolve my cards, so I can't play their decks out.

If the game could go back to what it was, I'd love that, I'm sure others too, I loved all the Fairy decks, Fighting decks, mixed colorless energies decks... Mewtwo cards reversing damage, Xerneas decks building huge damage potential, Gengar decks preventing the use of items or supporter cards being used... Think of all the Roaring Moon and Gimmigoul deck users that would delete their decks because Gengar just hit the bench lmao.

I'm just asking if there is a plan to go back to the old system or at least update this version, but this is boring for me and I'd rather something spice it up than me just quitting.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

It's called a TCG in English because that's the name of the physical game in English since the 90s. Crafting is better than trading. It doesn't need to come back.

The rest of the stuff you mentioned has nothing to do with the app. The devs have no control over the meta or which cards are printed, and PTCGO wouldn't have prevented any of the issues you're having other than giving you the option to play theme decks. If the current meta is that unplayable to you, your options are playing the casual ladder or quitting.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

Also, blaming "the system" because you got bad prizes or a bad hand is just childish. Do you seriously think that never happens IRL?