Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

XP for concede vs win

I'm not completely sure how XP gain is determined in this game and am interested in learning more. But it does seem that I don't get the full amount of XP from a win when my opponent concedes partway through the game. And I am seeing a LOT of people conceding when I have a good turn lined up.

I understand that conceding is necessary in this game, but I don't think it's fair that an opponent can actively hurt you by conceding so that you don't get the full XP.

For example, just now, I was about to win the game by knocking out an opponent's Mew VMax, but they conceded. Instead of getting 160+ XP like I expected, I got about 105 XP. I'm not completely sure why that was, but I assume that part of the reason why is because I had 3 prize cards left to take.

None of these are perfect solutions but I have some thoughts about potential ways to improve this mechanic.

• Make it so that you can only concede on your own turn or if an opponent's turn has lasted a certain amount of time.
  • Make it so that conceding grants the person who was conceded to full XP if the match is random, but if the opponents have chosen to fight each other, then conceding could give no XP. This should prevent people from exploiting conceding to level up.

Comments

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

Prizes left is a big factor on the rewards you get at the end.

easiest solution is probably to disable conceding once a player selects an attack until the end of the turn (if a player selects conceding in this time, the game won't conclude until the end of the turn).

• sillyatari
    sillyatari Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Having conceding take effect at the end of the turn makes a lot of sense! It would definitely prevent cases like the one that sparked this post. Lots of people rage quit when you're about to defeat them, and this would make sure you 're able to take those last few Prizes.

• Trobairitz
    Trobairitz Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment

I feel like the reward structure should also be adjusted in general. I agree that you should not be rewarded for your opponent conceding one or two turns early, but basing the structure entirely on prizes hurts decks that don't take prizes. I like playing stall and control decks the most, but I stopped playing them as often because my battle pass progress moves so much faster when I play a prize taking deck (not only because of games going faster, but I get more progress per game I win). Deck selection to get better rewards should not really be part of the equation

• TyreckSwiftwind
    TyreckSwiftwind Member Posts: 7
    First Comment

The level of concede griefing going on is getting ridiculous, i agree something needs to be done.

People seem to be adamant that conceding is important to them, so the happiest path, is to just treat a concede as a full win as though all prize cards were taken, this way people that want to leave a match can leave a match, and there isn't a way to use that to actively "punish" the player that will win.

I haven't found any actual formula for how the XP and game pass rewards are allotted but it seems there is at least one other modifier than the number of prize cards taken. I've been collecting data to try and determine what it is, but its hard since i've only been able to complete 3 winning matches in the last 4 days.