Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Best defender

Clare2728
Clare2728 Member Posts: 2
Photogenic

recently been getting into using defenders and main trevenant, and i am considering to get lapras. but ive never seen anyone use lapras and now i’m wondering… is lapras even a good idea? or should i get another defender

Comments

• P0k3M4St3r121
    P0k3M4St3r121 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

I would not suggest getting lapras as it just got nerfed by the most recent update but the next best defender would probably be umbreon

• SobbleBoi27
    SobbleBoi27 Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments

Umbreon is insane with the ability to stop enemy movement with Mean Look.

Personally, I love playing Mamoswine. They have a move called Ice Fang which can pick up enemies and place them behind you. You can also chase after enemies with Earthquake.

Mamoswine is so tanky... I almost never die with Focus Band. You can also use the held item Weakness Policy to deal more damage after being damaged.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

I like Goodra personally, but I don't play very seriously so I don't know if Goodra is any good. (I MVP most games with it.)

• Qdunfee
    Qdunfee Member Posts: 15
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic

have you ever tried full Garde with rocky and leftovers I see people running it all the time so it must be good!

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

Goodra, it has great health, can pack a punch once you get to that last form, and I do really well with it. The first forms are a bit weak at the start of the match, but I think that end result is worth it. i find first getting tackle, then bubble, then getting dragon pulse and power whip. The unite move increases speed, attack, and heals you which can be a life saver.

Another one to get points with is with sableye. not the best at offence but it can drop fake points that deal damage, and it can steal other people's aeors energy. it can also become invisible allowing you to get to the goal zones with no opposition. for this one I get astonish then thief, next get shadow sneak or knock off (this is the one I get because it knocks the aeors energy off your opponent free to collect but shadow sneak is good too) then get feint attack. The unite move deals lots of damaged which is good.

Both of these are my top pokemon and I win most of the time with these.

• SmartAlakazam
    SmartAlakazam Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 25 Likes 25 LOLs 100 Comments

GOODRA. If you’re looking for defenders try goodra with Slick Spoon, Shell Bell, and Resonant Guard. As spragels said, it can’t be KO’d.

• landiosswag
    landiosswag Member Posts: 22
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

oh. i didn't know that resonant guard was better. i ran the muscle band for the extra defense because i run more of a sp. atk emblem build because i'm lazy and don't want to make a custom emblem set for literally 2 pokemon (slowbro and goodra)

• SmartAlakazam
    SmartAlakazam Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭

It gives extra defense to you and your allies (instead of muscle band which gives only to yourself) and gives a decent amount of HP when maxed out

• landiosswag
    landiosswag Member Posts: 22
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

thanks i'm now running this on goodra and though i might not be able to clutch out the 3v1s i had the ability to do before my teammates are not getting to the point where i need to clutch up.

• MagicarpFisher9
    MagicarpFisher9 Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

I say Blastoise because it's my main. Rapid spin/Water spout is SOO good!