Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Are humans the only ones in the Pokemon world?

MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

Aside from the Pokemon and Humans, I noticed in ultra sun and ultra moon that the ultra recon squad happens to be aliens. The Ultra recon squad members even called the people humans as if they're not. So I figure what other humanoid races are there in the world of pokemon? Merfolk? People with bird like features? Something tells me the pokemon world has become more mysterious. If you are curious, let me know as soon as possible.

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I'd be really interested in what humanoids (not the actuallly a Pokémon kind) would look like in Pokémon.

What kind of different features from our irl versions would they develop to survive in a Pokémon World? What do folk tales and myths involving them look like in a world where creatures that can destroy cities and bring down mountains are normal? It's such an interesting idea.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

Maybe just aliens, since barely any Pokemon come from Outer Space. If anybody else tried to compete with Pokemon, 9 times outta ten, Pokemon would win. But since people have Pokeballs (and destructive forces), Pokemon don't attack people as much.

• MajorBrendan

We only scratch the surface when it comes to our irl oceans as we don't know what's beneath the ocean surface. Maybe there be possibilities of humanoid races which correlates with out own folk tales and myths.

• PinkYoshiFan
    PinkYoshiFan Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    First Answer Photogenic 5 Likes 5 Agrees

iirc Vaporeon's Legends dex entry says that Laventon thinks mermaid mythology comes from it, so that's one myth known

• MajorBrendan

@pinkyoshifan It might be possible in addition to Vaporeon that he might saw a legitimate mermaid along with it. Or rather he saw a legit mermaid then saw a Vaporeon at a second glance the second he tries to sketch. Puzzling, isn't it? There are so many mysterious things occurring in the world of Pokemon that any of us hardly scratch the surface of.

• MajorBrendan

Any other humanoid races, besides humans that might exist in the Pokemon World that you can think of?

• MajorBrendan

I already thought of the mythos for the Pokemon World's Merfolk, especially when it comes to a particular region.

• MajorBrendan

Also after seeing the recent episode of pokemon horizons, I'm convinced that Lucius and his lineage aren't even human.