Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What was the best minigame in Pokémon?

UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

(Or whatever they're usually called)

Mantine Surfing, the Alola Photo club, PR videos, Pokéstar Studios, Contests (that aren't Sinnoh's because I refuse to believe someone liked the dancing minigame in DPPt), musicals, Curry, Sandwiches (which are some of the few things you can do in SV post-game),

or anything similar (buying every clothing item in a game and trying to find the best outfit counts since Musicals do).

I personally liked PR videos, Mantine surfing, and Pokéstar Studios the most. Mantine surfing is always fun, repeatable, and can make me rich, I can make a PR video of my character drowning, and Pokéstar Studios is just insane (way too many movies, way too many endings, how did they do this on a DS and why does everything look so good. The final Brycen man movie's strange ending is my favourite, it took so long to unlock and it was amazing. It was worth all the frustration of trying so hard to not get bad endings.)

Comments

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

I like Legendary Max Raids. I know they aren't really a game, but I feel like due to the challenge, reward, and competitive edge, it's slightly a minigame. Also, what's better than 1/100 shiny odds for Pokemon you can't catch shiny anywhere else?

But if we mean real games that give you a score, I'd say Curry, only because I long for the Charizard Class, watched multiple videos on how to do it, and still failed.

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

I loved the mantine surfing, buying the cloths (my favorite was the Kommo-o cloths set from US), if can include it the ultra wormhole ride you can do in US/UM. Also, I've heard of this pokestar studio and it sounds fun.

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

ogre oustin

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Agrees

My fav is making curry in Pokémon sword or shield and sandwich making in Pokémon Scarlet and violet.

• nightblitz42
    nightblitz42 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Agrees 5 Answers

For me, my favorite was definitely HeartGold/SoulSilver's Pokeathalon. For those who don't know, the Pokeathalon was a collection of sports-themed minigames (racing, frisbee, soccer, wrestling, etc) that utilized the DS's touchscreen. Up to 4 players could compete wirelessly, with each player bringing their own team of 3 Pokemon. Not only were the minigames fun, but doing well in them would reward the player with strong items and access to quite a few story events too.

XY's PR Videos were also neat. Some people got really creative with using the limited dialogue options to tell a story or joke.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 809 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

Gambling.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 809 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

I don't think an explanation is needed.

• JuliusVercelli
    JuliusVercelli Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees Photogenic First Answer Name Dropper

To me, I always loved the slot machine one.

• Victorsaurus
    Victorsaurus Member Posts: 10
    5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

I love the Pokeathlon from Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments

Pokéathlon in Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Ogre Oustin in Pokémon Scarlet/Violet, Camp Pokémon in Pokémon Sword/Shild, Pokémon musical in Pokémon Black/White and PR Vídeos in Pokémon X/Y