Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Fix the rng

The rng system is clearly unbalanced. Normally I would refrain from this, luck is a part of the game, but I've played nearly 5000 games on live and there's some obvious discernible patterns. Every second day I will dead draw/brick and every other day my opponent will. Amount of times radiant greninja is prized (far more than 9%), cards such as roxanne,klara in opening hand, mainly roxanne is well over 50%. For a game that revolves around numbers, it's math isn't mathing well. Imagine draining over half my battery in 30mins to spend 5mins loading the app just to brick 15 games in a row. -7/10 would not recommend.

Comments

• Manoj8001
    Manoj8001 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Name Dropper

Inb4 rng defenders who haven't played as many games as you or clearly don't recognize patterns. I'm not an expert in math but the amount of times i see 4 basic energy with 2 stadium cards combo is way high to know that game is a lost cause if the opponent doesn't end up fumbling their hands. This game rng feels like a pattern rather than true rng, i get that virtual rng can't really be true rng as IRL but whatever formula and algorithm they are using along with elo system makes even the best of decks brick real hard.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Lol.

It's confirmation bias. I've had this exact same feeling of a "pattern" in not only PTCGO, but even Master Duel. This doesn't even make sense. Do you think the RNG is running on some sort of AI that can tell which cards are good or bad? 🤣

• TechHog

That means that you're running too many stadiums and energy.

• Manoj8001

I wish it used Ai, how do you think the game knows that when you don't get basic pokemon and take mulligans? How do you think the game knows which ability should be working under what conditions and on which pokemon? The game needs to keep track of all these things meaning it actually knows about cards in relation to each other making it able to track "good or bad" cards This is why most meta decks don't rely on rng and draw out as much as they can.

• TechHog

... You are not an even remotely technical person, are you? All of these can be done with simple flags and "if" statements. You don't need to use any kind of algorithm or AI for that.

You AI fanboys are crazy 🤣

• Hyperion924955
    Hyperion924955 Member Posts: 55
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Anniversary 10 Comments

How many games have you even played on live or irl? Probably only use meme decks and wouldn't know variance if it slapped you in the face.

• TechHog

I mean it's literally impossible for the game to know what cards are good or bad and decide what to give you but you do you.

• Frank716
    Frank716 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

With the amount of bugs and bad coding in this game, it’s not far fetched that the rng is broken too.

• Witfits
    Witfits Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

The algorithm is trash. Coil flip is a joke. Mulligan system is a joke. Card shuffling is a joke.

• Manoj8001

i can't even comment on this post anymore, great job mods.