Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What Unpopular Pokemon Do You Like?

Acornyo
Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

Every Pokemon has a fan, even the questionable ones. So, what Pokemon do you love that never goes into the limelight?

My personal picks are Emolga, Cufant, Chimecho, Yungoos, and Drampa. I got to admit, I'm one of Yungoos's #1, if not only, fans.

What about you guys? Hopefully my opinions aren't Trubbish compared to everybody else's. Get it? Come on! You've gotta give me-infoo some credit for coming up with these Go-great jokes! No? Alright, I'll stop.. .for Now-th.

Answers

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I like Trubbish. It's every gen 5 hater's go to example of a bad Pokémon design, alongside Vanillish, but I think it's fun and kind of cute.

I think it has actually become quite popular in recent years. Pokémon Centre in Japan produced cuddly toys of every gen 5 Pokémon, and in both of the stores that I visited, Trubbish was sold out.

You mentioned Emolga; I have mixed feelings. I like the design, but man, Elesa using Volt Switch brings back some frustrating memories.

• zer0phanes
    zer0phanes Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

idk if i'd call it unpopular, but i really like the Kabuto line. kinda sad to see nobody use it anymore tbh

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I'm tired of people saying Braixen is better than Delphox.

They do have very different themes, but people don't need to hate Delphox just because it isn't cutesy. Once you get used to it, the design looks so cool and mature. There's no need to compare it with a design based on something else, as they both have their good points.

I see fewer Delphox haters than I used to (they still exist sadly), I actually see a lot of people who also love it, but it's still very underrated.

There's really no use for the amount of hate Delphox haters have for it. If someone's gonna be mad at a bunch of pixels not looking pretty or cute enough for them, fine. But that's not a very good use of time, is it?

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

@UnovanZorua Delphox kind of looks like a Butterfly Noodle with sauce on the bottom. Think about it…

• Charmandi320
    Charmandi320 Member Posts: 10
    First Answer 10 Comments Photogenic

Gumpshoos might be popular, idk but I love him even if he isn’t, he is like a little general and also omanyte, he was a a cute shell boi

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

When it comes to unpopular dragon-type Pokémon, the first thing that comes to my mind is Garchomp (just kidding it’s vibrava, nobody seems to remember the little dragonfly, although they all seem to rember flygon)

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

I don't know many pokemon that are disliked so if someone could give a list, I could tell you what I think and for future reference. I do know I don't hate jinx. It's not one of my favorites bit I don't dislike it.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 809 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

Trubbish. Me and TheJeffers are like minded in this way.

• PandaInnit_19
    PandaInnit_19 Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

The Porygon line. I have never seen anybody talk about this evolution line. Porygon Z is my second favorite normal type Pokémon, and is a really cool concept. Yet I feel that it’s forgotten due to how annoying it is to even obtain Porygon Z, which is understandable. I’d also put Yanma and Yanmega, since they are pretty cool designs for the first dragonfly Pokémon.