Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How big of a Pokémon Fan are you?

UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

In a scale from Like/Hobby to I love it "a bit" "too much".

I have every mainline game from DPPt to SV (I don't have a GBA yet). This includes having more than one version (I have both Diamond AND Pearl, and Platinum). Along with some spin-offs (a lot on the 3DS because they were free. Also, I managed to get Poké Transfer before the eShop closed, and I now have Pokémon from Sinnoh in USUM.) That probably says enough. (I've never seen someone with a bigger collection)

It's not as bad as normal people would think. I go outside, I talk to people (and try to make them buy a game once in a while), I live my life. I just have something I think about very often and love a lot. It helps me get through hard times too. I'm glad I have something to do, a lot of people I've met do somehow less productive things.

I don't think this will get approved, but I hope it does. SOMEONE here must have as big of a collection as I do, right? Right?

Comments

• Alex_Vaporeon
    Alex_Vaporeon Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Agrees 100 Comments Name Dropper

I really like Pokemon, and have been following the anime/TGC for like, seven years or something but I don't have very many of the games since I only have a Switch that I got last year with Violet and Sword on it. I want PLA and am trying to work up the courage to ask my parents for a 3DS. I'd probably say I'm almost at 'I love it a bit too much' on the scale. I don't have a very big collection, but I've been a fan ever since I was a kid.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 809 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

I got pokemon bank but not transfer before the shop closed. Rather unfortunate seeing as how I got yellow and crystal on the 3DS XL and can't do anything with the pokemon I catch there.

Anyway, I've played each game numerous times except for gen 5 and the two gens on the switch. I don't consider my knowledge to be that great or myself the biggest fan because there are persons that practice speed running multiple games. But I do think I'm in the top 10% in hours spent playing.

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

I've been a big fan when I first bought Y. Then I started collecting cards, I have about 1,700 cards. The game I have, excluding spin-off and mini games, Y, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, and Arceus. I have rent a bunch of them though from are library. I have Bank, Transfer, Picross, Cafe, Unite, Quest (not a big fan), Shuffle, and Rumble World. I've rented Black II and White II or Black and White, Alpha Sapphire, Diamond, Shield, Brilliant Diamond, and Violet. So, a pretty decent fan. And I know all pokemon by sight, don't remember all their names though.

• Pokepro1091
    Pokepro1091 Member Posts: 16
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic

I have been playing scince 2019.i have not got any of the original games but that does not stip me from Loving Pokémon over the top!

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

I may not have a lot of the games (I only have the more recent mainlines), but I can draw any Pokemon from hearing the name, which is cool and freaky at the same time. I also have a whole lot of Pokemon Cards, watched all the shows, and see all the leaks. My friends say I'm "addicted", but I also did get them to buy the SV games, even though they stopped playing Pokemon a while back, so whatever lol.

• UnovanZorua

@Acornyo

I got my siblings to buy SV. They absolutely hate Pokémon (possibly because I like it so much), but somehow, the words "Open World" got them interested. I've also managed to convince one of them to buy (one version of) almost every new game only a little after they release somehow.

It always feels good to convince people who don't like the games to buy them.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

@UnovanZorua I have the same story lol. I got my little brother addicted to Pokemon Sword, which I got along with Pokemon Shield because it was a bundle and I thought I would "use them both anyway". He loves that game and says Violet looks like trash compared.

• UnovanZorua

@Acornyo

Your story seems like it has a better ending. My siblings barely play the games. It's way too confusing how and why they bought them. One of them, despite having at least one lv. 100 mon, had less than half the badges last time they played. It was also the first Pokémon game they played in a few years.

I still don't know why they say they hate Pokémon, call it bad, and then buy and play it and call it bad again. But it was hilarious and I got to beat newbies for a few weeks with competitive trained Pokémon.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments

I love Pokémon a lot, for a long time, I confess that I had a lot of good memories like Pokémon, I played a lot of Pokémon games like: PokémonLeafGreen,PokémonCrystal,PokémonWhite2,andPokémonPlatinum, I've already watched all the Pokémon episodes and I've been watching them all again since the beginning, and I'm still going to watch Pokémon Horizons when it comes out, I have a plush-loving Pokémon, I have a good collection of Pokémon cards from games, and I still intend to play the new ones from Switch.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments

I forgot to mention that I played a lot of the Poképark games, 1 and 2, and watched a lot of the Pokémon movies, one thing I guarantee, Pokémon will always have a special place in my heart