Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Bug Report: Moonlight Shuriken Inconsistent Perhaps due to Adjacency to Carefree Countenance Bidoof

In a ranked game, upon using Radiant Greninja's Moonlight Shuriken attack to KO my opponent's active Growlithe with the first target, I targeted their benched Charizard EX, which resulted with no damage being marked. There was no Manaphy with Wave Veil on either of our benches, but there was a Bidoof with Carefree Countenance next to the Charizard EX. I am confident I did not place the second 90 onto the Bidoof and noted the visual of the bench barrier defense appeared on the Charizard EX.

Later in the game I intentionally utilized Moonlight Shuriken to check for a repeat targeting two benched Pokemon another Growlithe and a Charmander, this second usage both attacks were successful, however neither Pokemon were next to a Carefree Countenance Bidoof.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

First of all, ex, not EX.

Second, read cards. All Tera Pokémon have a trait near the top of the card that protects them from damage while on the bench. This isn't a bug.

• MorgaineBlu
    MorgaineBlu Member Posts: 3
    First Comment 5 Agrees

If you mean the Charizard ex from Obsidian Flames, the dark type one, it has the Tera rulebox which prevents damage done to it by attacks while on the bench. Not a bug, working as intended.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Small correction: The Tera box isn't a rule box. A rule box is a box with "rule" in the title. The only rule box on the card is the ex one.