Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Game doesn't load, stuck on "Loading data from server 7/40"

Answers

• Jexak
    Jexak Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Having the same issue. I think all we can do is keep complaining and keep being assertive and abrasive (but not in a way that breaks tos) until theres enough TM191 to force a response and a fix.

• Jukesalot
    Jukesalot Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I'm having the exact same issue. I launch the game, it goes to "Collecting local assets 6/40", then to "Loading data from server 7/40", then the screen flashes and it starts over.

I am on Windows 10, version 22H2, OS build 19045.3448

Things I have tried:

1. Repair
    2. Uninstall and reinstall with existing install file
    3. Uninstall and reinstall with latest install file downloaded from https://tcg.pokemon.com/en-us/tcgl/
    4. Uninstall and reinstall in a different location
    5. Uninstall, delete folders located in AppData, reinstall

I find it absolutely appalling that this has been ongoing since September 19th, 2023 (11 days!!!).

• leonkit
    leonkit Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes

Another day I can't play the game, will keep to contact customer service

• AceTrainerRudy
    AceTrainerRudy Member Posts: 18
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Name Dropper

13 days and counting unable to play the game due to the 7/40 loading error bug.

• HandsomePrints
    HandsomePrints Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Likes

It's not a fix, but if you want to keep advancing on the ladder, you can install the game on your phone (like I did). I much prefer desktop, not just for the bigger screen, but mobile presented the occasional challenge such as game lag (causing the time to advance 50% faster than on desktop), accidentally clicking End Turn, accidentally touching the wrong Pokemon to move up to the bench, and when selecting multiple cards from my deck I'd choose 1 (or even 0 cards) and the trainer action would end and not because I timed out. But, it did allow me to keep playing.

• TheRZA3
    TheRZA3 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Likes

>You will never be able to play this game again

FeelsBadMan

• csmimikyu
    csmimikyu Member Posts: 23
    Name Dropper 10 Comments 5 Agrees First Answer

I follow up on my support ticket about this. was asked to try with antivirus turned off. when i explained that was the first thing they suggested previously and didnt work and gave details about the issue etc they came back with the generic we're looking into email and not heard back again since.

• WatersAbove47
    WatersAbove47 Member Posts: 17
    Name Dropper 5 Answers 10 Comments

seems they don’t care at all about us. They are not doing anything to fix this issue.

• leonkit
    leonkit Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes

Still can't play the game. Best customer service here

• elfshadow1999
    elfshadow1999 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Always stuck. antivirus turned off but no change.

no response of the customer team....