Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What is your opinion on hearing the true definition of a Pokémon Master?

PMDZX
PMDZX Member Posts: 1
Photogenic

Ever since the first episode where Ash said his dream was to be a Pokémon Master, it hurts to hear in the final episode that the true meaning of a Pokémon Master was making friends with every Pokémon in the world. As someone who’s also experienced that kind of feeling before, I don’t think I could ever look back at Ash the same way ever again. Then again, that’s just my opinion. What do you guys think? Do you think it’s okay to try and become friends with everyone in the entire world? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I feel like that's what he always meant. Maybe in the older seasons he wanted to be the strongest, but the old Ash and current Ash are different (with the current one being more of a "dumb good person" kind of character).

The current one's goal being to befriend all Pokémon makes sense and is more in-character than being the strongest, but that's just my opinion.

• McKizz
    McKizz Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I think it's a very PG and unrealistic way of looking at the Pokémon world. Some Pokémon just have a disposition that isn't friendly. It's literally their nature. But... it's a kid-friendly show. Just like how Paw Patrol drive on the wrong side of the road and everyone listens to and trusts talking dogs. It's not realistic, but it's probably not meant to be.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

I mean, being friends with all the Pokemon does seem like a nice idea... but they lay eggs, so by the time he makes it all the way around the world hell have to restart infnitley.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

I'm honestly not sure what would be the endgame for a trainer becoming pokemon master. Maybe we might have a much more better understanding of the term when Ash returns back to the anime.