Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Do you think a bug type legendary Pokémon will eventually happen?

Options
CarumoTopaz
CarumoTopaz Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
5 LOLs 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper

"Do you think there's a Legendary Pokémon out there that's a Bug type?"

"If you ever hear any rumors about one, promise you'll tell me!"

"I'd search high and low all over the world if it meant I could meet a Legendary Bug-type Pokémon."

"A-and if I did, I'd be the most excited bug catcher in the whole wide world!"

Bugsy's dialogue in Pokémon Masters EX interest me, if one day there's a Legendary bug Pokémon what would the creature be inspired of?

Comments

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

Wax tailed bug, brush jewel beetle, or gray's leaf insect are all good choices. Also a fancy mantis or moth would be interesting.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs First Comment
    Options

Well, the closest thing we have is Genesect (and a noble Kleavor but nobles don't count).

A bug Legendary would be pretty cool, but I doubt it'd happen, because "DRAGON type sounds stronger!" or some trick or strategy they made to make the legendaries "look cooler" and probably sell more (games and merchandise).

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

Given the origins of the series, I am surprised we didn't get a bug legendary from the first or second generation.

I could easily see a beetle or butterfly themed bug legendary.

• Bolt_Boy25
    Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

I hope they do a type switch where dragon types are early route pokemon and the legendary or pseudo are bug type.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

@UnovanZorua Why don't you just mash them together. You could base a Bug legendary on a fuzzy moth, but also based on one of those Traditional Chinese Dragons, since both are hairy. It's a genius combo and it's an unused type, so it has a more legendary status.

• CandyAppleRose
    CandyAppleRose Member Posts: 7
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I like bug-type Pokémon so I do hope we get one, but sadly bug Pokémon don't seem exciting to most. So maybe Pokemon is worried a bug legendary wouldn't sell well? I hope they do one anyway, I could see maybe a beetle or mantis-like legendary Pokemon.

• CoalMiner26
    CoalMiner26 Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer Combo Breaker 5 LOLs
    Options

A Bug type legendary would have to be Bug and Dragon type so the 5 year olds playing the game would think its cool