Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Best Generation

OlderAngel11
OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭
500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers

What do you think the best generation of Pokémon is? My personal favorite is Gen 1, but I know that a lot of people will have different opinions on this. I never played in Gen 1, but all my favorite Pokemon were born in Gen 1, which is why I'm extra excited for Pokémon 151. What's your favorite generation?

Comments

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees 500 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Likes

Bidoof, Luxray, and Lucario? (Plus Bastidon, Garchomp, and Munchlax!)

I’ve gotta go Sinnoh

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers

For me, when I'm deciding on my favorite Gen, the starters are incredibly important to me. That's the thing about Sinnoh. I don't love any of the starters, except of course Peplum. He's the best. That's another reason I love Kanto so much, the starters have never gotten better since then.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Answers

Sinnoh wins by a landslide, it has the best chanpion, best psudo, one of the best regional birds, and solid pokemon designs, second goes to Kalos for me

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers

Alola, mostly because I enjoyed seeing a too realistic toxic parent thanks to Lusamine (and Lillie's quiet, shy personality in the beginning is also just... It just makes so much sense after they talked before the Ultra Wormhole scene in Aether Paradise.)

(The Aether family's story was just too much for this not to be my favourite generation.)

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

Gen nine. Pokemon taking on the challenge of an open world brings me hope for the future. I'm wondering what kind of progress AI or a next gen will bring.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

I just noticed this post is for TCG. I came here from the hot topic board. Lol.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 LOLs 100 Likes

The starting forms for Pokemon from Gen 5 were great, even if the final evolution is kinda trash (love u Conkledurr). You got Lillipup, Tepig, Oshawott, Deerling, Blitzle, Timburr, Patrat, Joltik, Golurk, Mienfoo, Rufflet, Foongus, Mincinno, Zorua, Archen, Dwebble, SEWADDLE (Best Bug Type Ever), Tympole, Drillbur, and Deino, and almost all of the Pokemon I just mentioned have some of the best designs for their final evolutions, with the exception of SEWADDLE, Mienfoo, and Timburr.

Gen 5 also brought even better Pokemon, like Emolga, but I can't list them all, because nearly all of them are good.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 396 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Likes 25 Agrees

my favorite generations are gen 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 9, gen 1, 2, 4 and 5, because many of my favorite Pokémon were born there, like in gen 1, my favorite Pokémon that were born there are , Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Psyduck, Sandshrew, Eevee, Vulpix, Growlithe, Seel, Tangela, Dratini and Mew, on Monday I have Cyndaquil, Teddiursa, Phanpy, Hoot-Hoot, Swinub, Mareep and even Espeon and Umbreom, on Wednesday my favorites are Munchlax, Piplup, Tangrowth, Gible, Mamoswine, Glaceon and Leafeon, Lucario and even Starly, in gen 5, my favorites are Oshawott, Zorua, Lilipup, Deino, Axew, Joltik, Munna and even Dilburr, already in gen 7 and 9, I love it a lot more due to the regional forms of Alola and Pokémon that I also love, like in gen 7, Rowlet, Litten and even Rockruff, and in gen 9, I love Fuecoco, Pawmi, Greavard, Frigibax and even both new Legendaries, Ogerpon and Terapagos.