Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What does everyone think about gen 2 pokemon

Options
Michael629303
Michael629303 Member Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
5 LOLs 5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees

I find that in that gen there were a lot of cute pokemon and the designs were smooth

Comments

• Mechxel
    Mechxel Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I like them

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Every generation has its winners and its losers.

Lugia is one of my favourite legendary Pokémon and favourite Pokémon in general, being the reason I chose Silver over Gold all those years ago. (Of course, this was still the time when all legendaries were catchable in both versions, but still.) Cindaquil has been one of my favourite starters for years.

But the Johto Pokédex also has its share of duds. Being the generation that introduced breeding, it has a fair few baby Pokémon, which may be cute, but are inherently weaker versions of existing Pokémon. Some Pokémon seem to have little going for them other than the fact that they are Dark or Steel; a novelty at the time but far from sufficient to make them appealing today. And while not as bad as later generations, some of them do just feel like riffs on existing Pokémon and concepts.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Some of the best Pokemon Ever came out then. But it's not as good as Gen 5

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 278 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

They seem to be revisiting Gen 2 often lately with evolutions and the like. Personally I think they got it right the first time around with Azumarill as peak design and the only problem is that the new mons were too rare to find in GSC itself.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs First Comment
    Options

They were few and most felt a bit rushed for Pokémania.

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees
    Options

Some of the ones that I liked are Furret, houndoom, Politoed, azumarill, lanturn, meganium, crobat, unown, and elekid.