Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why does Kleavor have Sheer Force

It has like 1 physical move that benefits from Sheer Force and even then it needs the Stealth Rock setting side effect of Stone Axe for the move to actually be good. What was GF cooking????

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I guess they focused more on the Pokémon's story?

It'd be pretty tiring giving every Pokémon a competitively good or even decent ability.

• PinkYoshiFan
    PinkYoshiFan Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    First Answer Photogenic 5 Likes 5 Agrees

It has three abilities, the other regular one is Swarm and the HA is Sharpness, which seems pretty good

• meta808
    meta808 Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

Rock Slide and Pounce are two move in it's movepool that have stab and sheer force boost, plus stone axe isnt boosted

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

It just looks really tough. I mean, it's Professor Rowan as a bug. And I don't know about you, but he's really intimidating.

• Arbiter1337
    Arbiter1337 Member Posts: 40
    Name Dropper 5 LOLs 10 Comments Photogenic

@Acornyo ’Looks really intimidating’ INTIMIDATE IS AN ABILITY! STOP GIVING ABILITIES TO MONS THAT WON’T USE THEM!

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

@Arbiter1337, you're right, but Rhyperior has Lightning Rod and Delibird has both Insomnia and Vital Spirit, so maybe they just needed to give him an extra ability and didn't think competitively.

• Arbiter1337

@Acornyo Lightning Rod Rhyperior at least has some niche in Doubles, why they didn’t give Magnezone Lightning Rod and Levitate instead of Sturdy and Analytic beats me

• Arbiter1337