Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Arceus & Dialga & Palkia GX Altered Creations vs "Prevent All Effects Of Attacks"

If ADP uses its GX Altered Creations attack and the defending Pokemon is Snorlax [LOR] and Snorlax is knocked out the following turn, is 1 prize card taken or 2?

Answers

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

I’d say 2 because the extra prize part of Altered Creation doesn’t affect the Snorlax, it is an effect on you.

• Octowen

I’d say 2 because the extra prize part of Altered Creation doesn’t affect the Snorlax, it is an effect on you. But I’m not 100% sure.

• HandsomePrints
    HandsomePrints Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 Likes

Interestingly, on Pokemon TCG Live only 1 prize card is taken, at least in the case of Hoopa [SLG] which has a similar ability.

A turn after ADP used its Altered Creations GX attack with Hoopa as the defending Pokemon, Hoopa was knocked out by Zacian V and only 1 prize was taken.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

Man I wish they forgot about attacks and made it invincible.

• Octowen

I must be wrong then. Or ptcgl is…

• HandsomePrints

It does say "Prevent all effects of attacks" so while the effect is on the player, TCG Live seems to be creating an exception to that effect on the player for this one Pokemon. But like you said, ptcgl might be getting it wrong too.

• Octowen

Fair point though, @HandsomePrints.

• HandsomePrints

Upon further review, as per PTCGL, Hoopa [SLG] and/or Snorlax [LOR] don't have to be the defending Pokemon at that time the Altered Creations GX attack goes off. If either of the Pokemon are knocked out at any time later in the game after the Altered Creations GX has gone off, only 1 prize card is taken. It may be that they need to be on the board (active or benched) at the time of the attack or maybe they don't even have to be on the board, I'll try to test that out. PTCGL seems to treating the effect of the Altered Creations GX attack on ALL the opponents Pokemon and then exempting these Pokemon if they were on the board at the time of the effect (and possibly even if they weren't) due to their ability. Just wanted to give a more accurate picture of the exact mechanics.

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

ok that sees like a bug