Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Any Tips On How To Play Hoopa Correctly?

Dezenym
Dezenym Member Posts: 1
Photogenic

Recently I've decided I wanted to pick up Hoopa. Since I'm a beginner, what exactly should I do to give my team the best support? Thanks! :)

Answers

• scylis
    scylis Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

hoopa is great for crowd control

• SobbleBoi27
    SobbleBoi27 Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments

Hoopa is a very unique supporter. They specialize in movement of ally pokemon across the map.

In Pokemon Unite... Important game objectives such as Zapdos/Rayquaza, Rotom/Regeeleki, and Drednaw/Regirock/Registeel/Regiice may take a long time to travel towards.

With your Unite Move... you can create a portal that instantly travels to these objectives so you and your team can get the buffs from these pokemon before the other team travels to it.

Hyperspace Hole is extremely good at providing a safe escape for a group of allies that instantly heals yourself and allies. If you use Hyperspace Hole after the 5 minute mark, you may use the jump pad to return to your lane within 5 seconds. That means you can restore a entire team's full health and get back to your lane within seconds.

In addition to Hyperspace Hole healing... Hoopa's passive ability may steal enemy berries and teleport them to your side for ally or self use.

However, a big downside to Hoopa is Solo Que games. Many players do not understand the benefits of Hoopa and may not use the portal mechanics because they are unfamiliar with them. Hoopa is best used with a few friends in your lobby that know how to use Hyperspace Hole.

Hope this is useful :)