Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How many games do you have and how long have you played Pokémon?

2»

Comments

• yuliang
    yuliang Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Name Dropper

@UnovanZorua Scarlet and Violet!! Because It has Quaxly in it!! I was introduced to Pokemon when watching Pokemon Black and white first season :D

• yuliang
    yuliang Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Name Dropper

Edit: I can't Edit my post, but pokemon Go is my only pokemon game becuase it is free and I have been Playing for 4 years! since 2019, maybe 2018 or 2017 I can't remember because I accidentally deleted my first charmander back then so idk.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@yuliang

Okay, avoid spoilers for the game no matter what.

The story Scarlet/Violet (or SV for short) has is AMAZING! Even if the gameplay is a but confusing, all the characters and story events are just beautiful. Experience it without knowing a thing about what the story is. You've probably seen a few spoilers already, but if you have, just don't see any more. If you do, you'll never get the best experience of your first game. Please avoid spoilers.

• DazzlingMimikyu
    DazzlingMimikyu Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

I know that a lot of people collect because of the art and rarities. I started just because I had kids who collected them from the beginning! I believe that a lot of people collect because they are collectors at heart and Pokemon is fun at heart. It is easy to have an enormous collection of cards without a huge amount of space.

• FallenFurfrou
    FallenFurfrou Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Likes 5 LOLs 100 Comments

I started with Emerald on an emulator, and then I played White on the 2DS XL. I think I've been in the fanbase for over four years now.

• Beelzebuffoon
    Beelzebuffoon Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

I have Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, X, Omega Ruby, Sun, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Red (Virtual Console), Crystal (Virtual Console), Sword, Legends Arceus, and Scarlet. I’m also borrowing Fire Red from a friend.

Platinum was my first game (got it at 4), so seeing Diamond and Pearl remakes feels weird, but neat.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

I played X as my first mainline game too.

Before that I played the spinoffs Guardian Signs and Rumble Blast (don't own either of them anymore)

Since then (in regards to mainline games) I've played Omega Ruby, Moon, Ultra Sun, Sword, White, White 2, Diamond, Shining Pearl, and Violet. I did also own Blue and Silver on Virtual Console for the 3DS at one point, but I don't usually count those since I didn't make it as far as getting eight badges, or even four badges. Of the ones I named I don't currently own (or at least own the other version of ) White, Diamond, Blue, or Silver.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

To be honest, it's a bit surprising to me that barely anyone else has almost every single mainline game, not even between the 3DS and Switch.

I guess everyone else is a normal human or something?

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

@D-ManBlue I also played X as my first main series game. Before that I only played Rumble Blast, which was my first Pokémon game bc GO was not a thing yet.

I later got both Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun, and Alpha Sapphire before the switch games, of which I got Let’s Go Eevee, Sword + DLC, Brilliant Diamond, Legends: Arceus, and Scarlet + DLC.

I then went back and got VC Crystal and White for my 3DS.

I have plenty of spin-offs: Rumble Blast, Super Mystery Dungeon, Rumble World, Picross, New Snap, Rescue Team DX, Unite, and GO.