Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How many times in a year we receive updates.?

Pokemon is a very nice game. I just have a simple question. How many times we receives game updates in a year?

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

Pokémon games don't update often. It's usually for a DLC, or more often for bug/glitch fixes (or for Pokémon HOME, but that already happened).

Also, what game are you asking about? There are a lot of games, even on only the Switch. If you're asking about the TCG, there's an entire section for that. There's also a mobile games category.

• Testscreensname
    Testscreensname Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Name Dropper

<s>tst

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

Pokemon Violet needs an update ASAP, since I'm way to paranoid and constantly check the walls of every incline in the game just to see if any shinies are hiding.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

As @UnovanZorua @Unova201said the main series games do not tend to receive regular updates but rather occasional patches and DLC expansions.

I do hope the Scarlet and Violet DLC includes some stability and QoL patches for the game as a whole alongside the new content. Failing that, I hope that those things are still being worked on and we will see continued patches in the future.

I really hope that Gamefreak are not going to drop the two DLC expansions into the game and then otherwise abandon it to work on gen 10, B3W3, BW remake or whatever their next major project might be.

Going back and doing the work that should have been done during development is less than ideal but it is preferable to the games never being fixed at all. It would restore some consumer confidence.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

pokemon S/V just received an update, along with Pokemon home