Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Game needs Notifications, Chat & Spectate mode

Title says it all

Its 2023 and there is no game where you cannot communicate with your friends list, be notified when they challenge you ingame or when they want to chat to you for any reason.

You can do better than that... Biggest franchise in Humanity and cannot deliver obvious features at their digital version

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

It already has challenge notifications.

Considering their connection issues already, I don't think spectate mode should be a priority. In-game chat is meh. Don't really care.

• Mod_Champion
    Mod_Champion Moderator Posts: 143 ✭✭
    25 LOLs Second Anniversary 100 Comments First Answer

Hello, Trainer Luramzoras,

Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

I feel like an in game chat is too risky. The PTCGO one got really bad from what I hear, although for friend matches it is pretty neccessary

• TechHog
  • 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

yeah that usually what i do too

it can get a bit annoying switching back and forth bewteen the two tho

• Luramzoras
    Luramzoras Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

discord is a good choice to communicate but nothing is compared to the ingame chat. I still use teamspeak with my friends, making the player finding alternatives instead of encouraging the social aspect in an online game is always a bad policy, unrelated to certain unwanted behaviours of minority. This is not a reason to shut down core features

• Wilveren
    Wilveren Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

While I don't think in-game chat would be great, because it would likely add more toxicity than positive interaction, I would LOVE to have a Spectate feature.

The game is starting to attract attention and players in the Discord I run, and a few new folks have found my streaming the game on Twitch and joined our community. I would love to be able to host tournaments and stream the matches via a spectate function.

• TechHog

Most other online games aren't made for young children.

• Stree7Geek
    Stree7Geek Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

emotes are fine, but some sort of ‘play again/ replay’ system would be great. Something that allows you to friend the player and you can reconnect with them, or just swap decks and re play. You could even try each others decks out against each other?!

I’ve always wanted some form of trade, after your usual 4 you get the choice to keep or trade in for build tokens as usual. If you keep them you can trade them with friends?!

And yes, would love my phone to notify me of a challenge, not just in game!!!