Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Transfering from Pokémon TCG Online account to Pokémon TCG Live account

Hi, I have a few questions/comments about migration from TCG Online to TCG Live :

• As I understood from Pokémon-TCG-Live-Migration-FAQ-from-the-Pokémon-TCG-Online webpage, if I have more than 4 copies from one card (f.e. 10 copies), only 4 copies are transferred to TCG-Online, and rest of copies are just lost without any compensation. Because as player who plays a long time (about 6 years) I bought a lot of products and scan a lot of codes, and many of these cards which I obtained this way will now dissapear without any compensation. Also my daughter used TCG online for training for real-card tounaments, so we bought really lot of codes to open cards which we need for competetive decks. There should by at least some compensation, f.e. 1 or 2 credits for each one card discarded/not-transfered this way. You are now disapproving people who invested a lot of money to buy product or online codes and have a big numbers of same cards, which seems really unfair to me.
  • Will there be any compensation for non-transfered League Promo Cards, or they are counted like any other card variant, so only 4 of them will be transfered and others will be just discarded.
  • About unopened products and bundles - there are some numbers of crystals which will be received for eligible unopened items. From 0 to 9, etc, and last option is 125+ unopened items = 12,400 Crystals. What if I have 500 boosters, I will still receive only 12,400 crystals ?
  • About unscanned online booster codes - When I scan booster code to TCG-Live, I will receive cards from that set, like in TCG-Online, or Credits if I already have 4 copies of cards I opened. Why there is no option to change this unopened boosters for Crystals or Credits, like at migration ? This can work in similar way.

Thank you for your answers.

Best Answer

• Betrayze
    Betrayze Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment
    #2 Answer ✓

Max crystals are 12,400. So I would trade those packs for rare cards if you have them. If you haven't already I would really try to get a full set of celebrations (4 of each card).

All codes in live will give you cards or credits if you have 4 of a certain card already. There is no option as this was a decision by the creators.

Choices you are questioning was made simply so people cant get an insane amount of crafting credits. I have 600,000 crafting credits after switching and will be able to craft every meta deck for the next 10 years. Nearly half these came from celebrations codes.

Honestly I get your concerns these were things discussed when live first launched but they are not changing now. As for promo cards according to devs they will be transferred over here's from the FAQ "Pokémon TCG cards from the Sword & Shield Series and Sun & Moon Series are transferrable and playable in Pokémon TCG Live at launch. Cards from the XY Series and the Black & White Series are transferrable at launch but will not be playable until future Pokémon TCG Live game updates"

so anything from B+W upwards will transfer but you wont see in-game until supported. It doesn't matter though as expanded right now is sun and moon up so you couldn't even play them even if they were in the game. Anything before B+W are pointless transfers as you couldn't play them anyway.

Honest though I personally went from never having meta decks playing stuff like kyogre meme decks to having all the best decks in the game day 1. Once more ppl start switching they will realise their worries are answered in other ways.

Answers

• peterimrich77
    peterimrich77 Member Posts: 14
    First Comment

Also if progress is not reset after app is live worldwide, these players will have advantage in earned cards and other prices from pass. I understand that beta is specific, that these players are helping with development and bugfix and improving player experience, but allowing players only from specific regions is not fair.

• peterimrich77
    peterimrich77 Member Posts: 14
    First Comment

ok max transferable boosters limit is 125 boosters which will be 12,400 crystals. But I have 10 card boosters and also 6 card boosters. is transfering 125 of 10-card boosters for 12,400 crystals same for 6-card boosters, I mean for transfering 125 of 6-card boosters I will receive 12,400 crystals ? I didnt seen any information if this is somehow different or not.