Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What was your first Pokémon game?

UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I want to see what generation everyone is biased towards.

X was my first game, but it was, completed. So the first game I finished was Sun.

Comments

• JoeyyRattata
    JoeyyRattata Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

@UnovanZorua Way to call out us ol' timers LOL! First game was Yellow, but I dabbled some with the Japan release, Green. Now am I biased towards Gen 1? Absolutely not. I prefer Gen 4. D/P/Plt are where it's at! Contests and the Underground.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

Is it sad to say my first game was Shield?

• Stone489990
    Stone489990 Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees

No mine is Let's Go Pikachu

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I would agree that the first game someone plays will probably be special to them and inform how they assess other entries in the series going forward, but I do not think it will necessarily make them biased towards a game one way or another.

I myself started with Red, and while I have a lot of nostalgia for it and respect its place as the origin of the series, I would say it is one of the middling entries. My favourite generation is gen 5.

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

The one that I started on was Pokémon Y. The game was great, and it had a feature where Pokémon Groups could attack you. I also love the main game legendary, yveltal.

• JoeyyRattata
    JoeyyRattata Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

Hey at least you started in Kanto 😂 LGPE were a nice take though. I would not mind a Johto edition.

• CupSSB
    CupSSB Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Mine was Black and White 1 it was pretty cool

• jbryaniii
    jbryaniii Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer

Mine was let’s go Eevee

• UnovanZorua

Well, at least it's not as rough and unique of an introduction as Paldea, SwSh was pretty much the basics of Pokémon so at least you saw what most of the games feel like!

...I feel a bit bad for the people who started with Paldea, it's probably shocking how different the other games are.

• UnovanZorua

Well, at least it's not as rough and unique of an introduction as Paldea, SwSh was pretty much the basics of Pokémon so at least you saw what most of the games feel like!

...I feel a bit bad for the people who started with Paldea, it's probably shocking how different the other games are.