Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

I'm trying to make a Banette ex deck, help!

pk_firez
pk_firez Member Posts: 22
Name Dropper 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic

I can't decide whether to incorporate Banette ex into a Gardevoir ex deck or a Lost Box deck. I have all the Pokemon for the Lost box deck, but hardly anything for the Gardevoir ex deck.

Best Answers

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs
    #2 Answer ✓

I would lean towards Lost Box, for several reasons:

1) If you already have lost box, then it will cost less than buying cards for Gardevoir.

2) Gardevoir ex decks do not usually have much spare room, so it might feel clunky trying to add in Banette ex.

3) Banette ex does not require many energy at all, so you don’t need play it with Gardevoir ex.

4) Banette ex has great synergy with lost box because, like Sableye, it requires Psychic Energy, and its attacks are cheap.

That’s just my input, though. Ultimately it’s up to you!

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments
    #3 Answer ✓

If you already have all the stuff for lost box, then just play lost box and forget about Banette ex. it's not that good, Everlasting Darkness does too little damage, and Poltergeist can be played around.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments
    #4 Answer ✓

I guess it depends on which attack you're playing it for. If you're playing it with Poltergeist, then I would go with Lost box, thanks to the one psychic and one colorless attack cost; this pairs perfectly with mirage gate. If you're playing it for the item lock effect, then maybe pair it with Gardevoir. It can be your early game attacker, for stall while you get set up, and it can also get some set up damage so that Gardevoir CRE can come in and clean up later on. Plus, if it gets knocked out, then you'll be behind on prizes, so Reversal energy and Iono can become very useful and you can just take the game back with all the comeback cards.

• pk_firez
    pk_firez Member Posts: 22
    Name Dropper 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic
    #5 Answer ✓

thanks guys!