Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Can't use search Cards and stuck at starting phase

I can't use search cards. When I use a search card the deck is completely blank (there are shadows of cards in the background), this makes it impossible for me to fetch something.

Sometimes when I start a match and I draw my starting hand, one or more cards gets stuck in the air which makes unable to do anything. After waiting a short while the game stopwatch starts ticking, and I am forced to concede to get out the game. After the game I sometimes get stuck at a white screen forcing me to close the game.

All this started happening to me after I uninstalled the old PTCGO client. I am currantly on a 12 game loss streak due to bugs; it's mildly annoying.

Comments

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

I've heard that sometimes recreating the deck from scratch, no importing, just adding all of the cards from your collection into a new deck manually will resolve this.

• HikerZhrake
    HikerZhrake Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I've tried that multiple times. Doesn't work :/

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

Does it happen when you're testing a deck instead of playing Ranked or Casual too?

• Darkrei2
    Darkrei2 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

This is the exact issue I'm having, unplayable on desktop.

• novatropicana
    novatropicana Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Same thing here

• Kayen
    Kayen Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Unfortunately also having the no cards at search issue. At the start I had both of these issues but the game not starting stopped happening, then I had a while where it worked mostly, the search bug only appeared rarely. Since yesterday the search bug has been happening constantly

• Mod_Butterfly
    Mod_Butterfly Member Posts: 67 mod
    First Answer First Anniversary 10 Comments

Hey there, Trainers!

This problem can have many reasons to occur and because of that, I recommend for this instance you open a ticket with the support team. Please go to:  https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054700932-Contact-Us.

To make the process more simple, please send any screenshots or steps you have done prior to this error when submitting your ticket.

• Sprigatito_PT
    Sprigatito_PT Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #9

So....had the same bug on me. its been more than a year since ur ticket. had to search allot for it but people fixed the bug by right clicking and on compatibility execute the game with windows 8. On my case however i had to use comp with windows 7. lost 3 ranks to find this =(

ups nvm...worked for 1 game and now its buged again....i give up