Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What are your current anti-meta picks?

Ptilopsis
Ptilopsis Member Posts: 10
Combo Breaker 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper

Hi everyone!

I'm new to these forums so I figured I'll start off with a discussion I spend a lot of time working on every expansion- What are your current anti-meta picks?

All I mean by this, is which decks are you all playing, or which tech cards have you put into your deck, with the aim of beating all the more prevalent decks in the current format?

For me, it has to be Dialga VSTAR, Chien-Pao ex is everywhere, so being able to KO anything in the deck save Palkia using only two energy with an engine that can accelerate a ton of energy per turn was the obvious choice. It's had a solid matchup into every other deck I've run into also, with both Dialga and Magnezone being solid attackers. Thankfully this was given out as a default deck at some point so it was very cheap to fill out extra copies of Dialga V/VSTAR.

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers

I love using my Arceus/Aerodactyl deck. It's so fun just to watch what happens as you just shut off all your opponent's abilities, effectively preventing them from playing the game. I'm also a gigantic fan of the Rapid strike Inteleon/Urshifu deck. best spread deck ever.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

I like the Ting-Lu deck...,the main problem is it relies heavily on control by shutting off abilitiee, but lately there are good ex options that don't get shut off by ting-lu and that makes some of them a pretty bad matchup. It's pretty efficient for a good chunk of the core meta though - it obviously wrecks lightning decks most of the time and can all but totally shut down chien-pao because it needs access to super cold to one-shot it. (Worth noting that experienced chien-pao users will know better and just use palkia as their attacker instead.)

i've seen some people mix it with glimmora, to mixed degrees of success....i might consider it because ting-lu definitely does not do well against the new charizard. Maybe other tera types will show up eventually that make it easier going if you just cannot get set up fast enough.

• ZukoDev
    ZukoDev Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

I've been using my Rapid Strike Urshifu Deck ever since the card was released, and its done me wonders ever since. I don't think I've ever gone up against something that's fully countered it. Lost Box did for a while until I made some alterations that countered it. Would highly recommend the deck to anyone!

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees 500 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Likes

I’m trying out a Glimmora ex based control deck, which can work well to slow down Gardevoir, Mew, and other decks with big benches, while including a few baby glimmora to even out the prize trade.

• WheezingBard
    WheezingBard Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I'm currently running a Giratina VSTAR deck that's basically on the lost box engine, been wondering about how I could use Rapid Strike Urushifu to counter it. I'm still getting the cards for RS Urushifu together, what do you recommend to counter lost box? I'm thinking Aerodactyl VSTAR or Empoleon V to shut down Comfey, Cramorant, Manaphy, and Radiant Greninja?