Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Is there a way to fix this timer problem?

I just came from a game where I was waiting for my opponent to flip their coin and decide who goes first. My opponent had to redraw their hand and set up their field. It was my turn to play my basic Pokemon in the active zone, I was immediately set on a timer. The game forced my choice on which basic Pokemon I wanted to lead with. This happened so often I'm honestly used this bug either giving me the choice or not. It's annoying but I deal with it.

The more pressing issue is when I lose a turn mid-match. I would be ready to play my turn, draw, and my turn will end. Completely turning the tides of the match. Another issue along those lines would be me taking a moment to actually think about what I want to do. The time given feels so random, I either have a moment to actually think about what I want to do. Or within a few moments of not doing anything my turn will just end. This can be applied to looking through your deck to see what cards you have or deciding where you want to place your energy on a Pokemon for an upcoming turns.

I have previously sent in a ticket about these problems and the support team said they're aware and working on these issues. What's concerning is it has been three seasons and nothing has changed. I'm just a little worried that they were saying hey we hear you.. but we're not actually going to do anything about it, instead we're going to give you the thumbs up and say we're working on it.

So back to the original question is there someone who knows of a way to fix this issue? Back on the original TCG online I never had these problems so I'm sure it's not my device. If anyone has have some words of wisdom on this matter please help.

Best Answer

• WhisperDawn
    WhisperDawn Member Posts: 19
    First Answer 5 Agrees First Anniversary 10 Comments
    #2 Answer ✓

This is a lag issue. My Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2020 used to run PTCGO great but now my lag is so bad the timer often counts down before my card is drawn and usually doesn't even show - I will lose my turn. I ask the developers, please give us the option to reduce or remove the movement graphics if the game will be so slow on devices that should be able to play it.

Answers