Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Coin flipping broken, on iOS at least

I’ve been running a deck that depends on a lot of coin flipping. Unfortunately, I’ve flipped coins well over a hundred times since migrating to live and I’ve not received a single heads, literally. I’m either super unlucky, or something’s up here. The odds of this realistically happening are virtually 0.

Coin flipping broken, on iOS at least 5 votes

This is happening to me too
40%
SkyHawk5Isboset 2 votes
Getting an abnormal amount of tails
20%
KujoTheRavager 1 vote
Working fine for me.
40%
Noah121SBR-Crash 2 votes

Comments

• KujoTheRavager
    KujoTheRavager Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

Dude, I'm using the Alolan Exeggutor V, and there is a move that you can obtain 5 leaf energy cards, and six times in a row I got a tails (Four tails in the first game, and two tails in the second game). Do you know how low the chances of doing that are? Its 1.563%. I have experienced this with other Pokémon that use coinflips. There is obviously something wrong with the coin flip system to where they do not want you to win.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

The thing about truly random rng is that it absolutely does not care if you're on a "streak" - while getting a bunch of tails in a row is certainly unlikely the more coins you flip, it's not impossible either. *each individual flip* has a 50/50 chance of landing tails. (And honestly, don't build a deck that relies on flipping coins. The performance will pretty much always be poor.)

• KujoTheRavager
    First Comment

Nah, dude, the multiple tails for up to ten times in a row has happened multiple times. This game is rigged for sure.

• KujoTheRavager
    First Comment

The heads are random amongst the guaranteed tails.

• SkyHawk5
    SkyHawk5 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    This is happening to me too

I play a multi Venusaur deck with Loopy Lasso. Had three out and all flipped tails for two turns. The probability is 1/64 or 1.5% odds. The issue with a coin flip on a computer is nothing is random. It has to follow a timing sequence for a true/false outcome. I assumed it happened when you activated the ability but from the previous posts it shows the outcome before any action is taken, which is ok for one flip but multiple flips lead to a broken mechanics feel. I started keeping track of my coin flips on starting the game recently. Out of 22 flips I won 5 times. Just frustrating.